drlapo

Hooligan
bring back the aluminum engine cases and put some color on the Scrambler
go with the 360 degree engine = + 10HP
+ full size headlight

Last edited:

Tomintoul

Two Stroke
Agree about the engine cases and colour, that's why I have a red and white 2006 Scram. Changed the headlight myself to a 7", so wouldn't argue there, but you can keep the 360 in the Thrux and Bonnie. I like my 270. I like the torque, a tad more HP would be nice (isn't it always?), but I got the Scram because I wanted to slow down and without some kind of fairing you can't really keep it over 90mph for very long anyway, so the bike does everything I need of it. I like the character of the 270 and rode it and a T100 back to back before making my decision. Guess which I prefered?

It's nice to have a choice of motors. You could always stick high pipes on a T100, after all.

Deano

Two Stroke
Agree about the engine cases and colour, that's why I have a red and white 2006 Scram. Changed the headlight myself to a 7", so wouldn't argue there, but you can keep the 360 in the Thrux and Bonnie. I like my 270. I like the torque, a tad more HP would be nice (isn't it always?), but I got the Scram because I wanted to slow down and without some kind of fairing you can't really keep it over 90mph for very long anyway, so the bike does everything I need of it. I like the character of the 270 and rode it and a T100 back to back before making my decision. Guess which I prefered?

It's nice to have a choice of motors. You could always stick high pipes on a T100, after all.

I agree about the 270, I find the slightly off beat sound highly addictive and often just start the bugger up to listen on a rainy day in winter.

scramjam

Scooter
I rode the 360 deg. T100 at a Triumph truck demo. Fantastic motorcycle. The bike is smooth as silk and a delight to ride. However, in the end, I still prefer the pull and sound of the 270 deg. motor.

Another 10 horses for the Scrambler would be nice for those times when I'm stuck behind a truck on a two lane, but for most of the riding that I do the motor is just fine.

I like the small headlight, and I prefer the color / white combo's. Of course, it is well understood and acknowledged throughout Triumphville that the blue/white combination is held in the highest regard. The new colors are kind of "bad ass", but in an appealing way.

The Scrambler is just a great bike, no matter the color.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
agree on the engine cases.... no offense to anyone but I have really come to appreciate the aluminum color on these bikes... and the caspian blue and white is my favorite color combo

whyme

TT Racer
I bought used so I could not be that picky. I like the tangerine and silver case. Was there too or just bad photographs. Here is my desktop at work...on my 30" screen. Lots of scram that way

Attachments

• 2008-triumph-scramblersmall.jpg
    2008-triumph-scramblersmall.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 0

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
Here's my 'Tiger Cub' ...

'08 w/custom exhaust, other mods ongoing, and my 'wallpaper' image...

TigerCub1.JPG

She's a fun bike!

wiseanhyzer

Two Stroke
bring back the aluminum engine cases and put some color on the Scrambler
go with the 360 degree engine = + 10HP
+ full size headlight

I like 'em all! I disagree with you about the 360 degree engine. I LOVE the 270! Better sound and max power/torque at lower RPM. Fits the Scrambler well.

drlapo

Hooligan
BULLSH-T! its a bloodyTriumph not a Ducati
It has to be a 360 engine
just kidding; that's why Ben& Jerry make more than one flavor; but I don't have to like it

Tomintoul

Two Stroke
Of course, it is well understood and acknowledged throughout Triumphville that the blue/white combination is held in the highest regard.

Oh purlease. You know nothing! The red and white was made to fly the flag of England and St George. They just did the blue and white to appeal to the Scots and various other foreigners :D

stein

moped
I've got the red/white and every time I see it down in the garage, I want to repaint it.. Don't really know why, but I somehow think the Scrambler should look more rugged than classic and pretty. I love the green khaki.

jinx

moped
I've got the red/white and every time I see it down in the garage, I want to repaint it.. Don't really know why, but I somehow think the Scrambler should look more rugged than classic and pretty. I love the green khaki.

I'm in the same boat! Mine is the Caspian/White and I keep thinking of trying to find someone with a Bonnie black to trade tanks with. I do wish that my engine case covers were silver instead of the pebble black though.

Always what we dont have yea?

stein

moped
I think i'm gonna repaint it myself, or get someone to do it. Thinking of matt black, so it shouldn't be that hard.

I agree and would prefer that the engine cases come in the original brushed aluiminum. I did not really like the green/silver color on my '08 at first but it has grown on me since I have had it.