Sports Cars?

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
so this is what I got....

... now after I pay for it for a while, the mods can begin!!

Attachments

• new_car.jpg
    new_car.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 0
Henry mentioned it in post #41.

I think they're ugly.

Whoops! Obviously my skim through the previous posts wasn't thorough enough.

I tend to agree that they ain't pretty but I would reserve coming to the conclusion that they are ugly until I saw one in the flesh and I suspect that after driving one I might be tempted to "overlook" the odd styling because of the blinding performance.

'Tis but a dream anyway - no sign of them ever being imported into OZ.

Bonafide

NBR founder
Meh, I'd rather build a cobra kit and find a 427 to throw in.

Cheaper to buy one outright.

A well tuned small block will run circles around a BB replica. Here's mine. Sold it a couple yrs ago. 1900 lbs and 380rwhp. Nasty.

Attachments

• 015_1.jpg
    015_1.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 0

Bonafide

NBR founder
What did the Cobra run you Dude?

Gimme the ringer, Dude! Chop-chop!

It was a Factory Five Mark 1 (first gen). Paid $27k for it .. sold it 7 yrs later for the same price. I did do a few upgrades to it while I owned it - ie; 4 to 4 headers, new W/C T5 trans, SSM control arms, reproduction steering wheel. There's ALL KINDS of replicas out there you can buy (completed) with prices ranging from $20k to $100k. The FFR uses all Ford/Mustang parts - built to use a donor car for the build - but purist like to harp on them cause they are not an EXACT replica of an original. Tell ya this - after driving a real one and a bunch that do follow EXACT standards - fuck that. They're too small and contorted for 6 ft person and mine ran circles around those EXACT snotty ass replica bitches. Mine was built with all new parts - nothing donor. I had a HUGE file of receipts from the original owner/builder. He had $38k in receipts for parts and paint - not counting his labor. Buy one already done. It's cheaper and you get to drive it NOW, not 18 months from now.

Here's a good site; http://www.clubcobra.com - it covers ALL replica manufacturers out there. Here's the Factory Five forum.

BlueJ

Blue Haired Freak
Blue J nice Christmas gift! Is that the AWD version?

Yes it is. And it's not so much an Xmas gift as a required replacement for my '95 Maxima with 200K miles (all but 7 put on by me in the past 16 years) that finally gave up the ghost.

And as if that wasn't enough, during the Xmas frenzy, our other car got totalled by a Postal Service truck (a big motha!). No injuries, except to our pocketbooks. Ugh. I hate buying cars, and now we have to get two. Merry Fucking Christmas!!!

:)

Texas94fs

Hooligan
It was a Factory Five Mark 1 (first gen). Paid $27k for it .. sold it 7 yrs later for the same price. I did do a few upgrades to it while I owned it - ie; 4 to 4 headers, new W/C T5 trans, SSM control arms, reproduction steering wheel. There's ALL KINDS of replicas out there you can buy (completed) with prices ranging from $20k to $100k. The FFR uses all Ford/Mustang parts - built to use a donor car for the build - but purist like to harp on them cause they are not an EXACT replica of an original. Tell ya this - after driving a real one and a bunch that do follow EXACT standards - fuck that. They're too small and contorted for 6 ft person and mine ran circles around those EXACT snotty ass replica bitches. Mine was built with all new parts - nothing donor. I had a HUGE file of receipts from the original owner/builder. He had $38k in receipts for parts and paint - not counting his labor. Buy one already done. It's cheaper and you get to drive it NOW, not 18 months from now.

Here's a good site; http://www.clubcobra.com - it covers ALL replica manufacturers out there. Here's the Factory Five forum.

Fuck. I'm not gonna be eating for a while. Must have.

Capo

Scooter
Hey Guys

Long, long time no post, been avoiding forums the last year or so, but still lurk here. Saw this thread, had to weigh in. In the background behind the Norton p11 Ranger I picked up this year is my Elise. I regularly beat on it at track days at New Jersey Motorsports Park. Fuuuunnnn! Best to all, Happy New Year!
IMG_0243.jpg

Capo

Scooter
Yes, Clint had one. Real interesting bike, a mongrel Matchless/ Norton made for US market. Did well as a desert sled in it's day. Absolute hoot to ride, but comes with the usual idiosyncracies of old Brit iron. A garage full of oil spots, for instance.

Sorry, this was a sports car thread...

Gretsch

Rocker
Yes, Clint had one. Real interesting bike, a mongrel Matchless/ Norton made for US market. Did well as a desert sled in it's day. Absolute hoot to ride, but comes with the usual idiosyncracies of old Brit iron. A garage full of oil spots, for instance.

Sorry, this was a sports car thread...

No worries. This is a Brit bike site after all... :)

Hedge

American Infidel
I still miss my 930 Turbo with a built 3.6 460hp at the rear wheels!
MVC-231F.jpg

Intercooler for Turbo
MVC-233F.jpg

Wife asked me nicely to get rid of it and buy this instead!
SL500intheFallof2009.jpg

A Big Shout-Out to my Boy Cyrus, he is 18 months today!
14months.jpg

ssjones

750cc
A guy at work is building a Facory Five with a power train from a 5.0 Mustang. So, he's going low-dollar, but I can't wait to get a ride in it.