Key Relocator Kits for Scrambler

Having the key fob and steering lock key etc flapping around in the wind was constant source of distraction not to mention the inconvenience and awkward out-of-reach location plus not being able to switch off with either hand... so here is my answer but if you have a tacho on your bike please read no further!
Keyrelocator026.jpg

Keyrelocator031.jpg

Email me at [email protected] for info and pricing.

Last edited:

Deano

Two Stroke
Having the key fob and steering lock key etc flapping around in the wind was constant source of distraction not to mention the inconvenience and awkward out-of-reach location plus not being able to switch off with either hand... so here is my answer but if you have a tacho on your bike please read no further!
Keyrelocator026.jpg

Keyrelocator031.jpg

Dave, do you think it would be possible to fabricate a unit that could mount the taco, with a key relocator as part of it, just wondering as I like my taco, but hate that f...n key flappin around.

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
Keyrelocator026.jpg

Keyrelocator031.jpg

Bloody beautiful lad. E-mail sent.

Ryde on! :ride:

sportyone

Street Tracker
Beautiful work - great piece - good design, good fab - COOL!

yeah I agree not bad mate, but I'd worry about the ease in which water and moisture could enter switch in that upright position. It is noted that they are not the most waterproofed item, hence they are mostly positioned on their side ? :shh:

Neducati

Two Stroke
yeah I agree not bad mate, but I'd worry about the ease in which water and moisture could enter switch in that upright position. It is noted that they are not the most waterproofed item, hence they are mostly positioned on their side ? :shh:

Just about every bike I've ever had or seen has the ignition switch mounted upright like this. I've never had a problem with moisture getting into the switch in a way that interferes with starting, but then again I garage my bikes and don't ride when it's freezing. But I doubt that relocating the ignitition switch using this bracket would create any problem.

Last edited:

CatCow

moped
I would concur with Neducati. I have never had a problem with the key mounted in this way on my Scram and I do ride in the rain!

Well, I did have mine freeze solid... But the lock on my Givi case was frozen too. Had to pour hot water on it to unfreeze it(temps were in the 20's), and then sprayed some graphite lube in it after it warmed up and that seemed to solve the issue, but it wasn't quite as wet the next time it got that cold.
The relocator makes it a LOT easier to turn off though... Before I would have to shift into neutral so I could reach down with my left hand. You would think they would put the switch on the right side to begin with, or even on top where it SHOULD be anyway!
It seemed like a tight fit - I had to file away some material from the bracket to get the switch in. They didn't change the switch at all, did they? Either way, it works great now.

Becsta - the bracket screws into the holes on the handlebar clamp, the only thing that would be in the way would be the Triumph accessory tach for the Scrambler which normally mounts there. Just unscrew the cover and see if the extra mounting holes are still there, I imagine they are.