thinking about another bike soon

I know he's put a can on it and some sort of Powercommander or Tuneboy, and had it on the dyno. Perhaps Carlos will enlighten us.

Looks like Suzuki changed up the Bandit 1250 for the 2010 and 2011 year models, and it is no longer available in the US as of now. There's another model available, but it's pricier!

The more I think about buying another bike, the more I just wanna throw down 4-5k cash on something nice and lightly used. That, or go pickup a new Sprint GT...drool.

strokerlmt

Sweatmachine.......just my opinion.....but for what you will spend you can get a used Thrux or Bonne. Do a 988cc, put a big gas tank on, wide wheel kit, gear it for cruising, adjustable rear suspension and new innards up front, big flyscreen, nice soft corbin seat and you will have a hell of a cruiser. Then you have your street racer and a cruiser.
LMT

innominate

Street Tracker
jeff, you might be able to talk me into selling my fz :). 4 bikes just take up too much room in the garage. and i already said you could ride her anyway. we need to meet up so you can at least take one for a spin.

IMG_5029.jpg

innominate

Street Tracker
ooh you have bags on it too....yeah, I need to ride it! What year is it? Looks carburated.

It's an 05. Last yr w/carbs. I hadn't ridden her in a couple wks so I took her out this morning on 1431 toward marble falls and back. It was a little nipply.

I prob need to ride more bikes but I don't get when ppl say these inline 4's don't have torque. In the 1st couple gears it pulls good starting at ~2-2500. In 3rd it seems to kick in more ~35-4000. Over that in any gear you better be holding onto something.

ivar

TT Racer
the bone stock 06 I rode was gutless below 7k. Heard from other sources that the EFI calibrations on the first years were pretty bad.
(seems like a common misconception that EFI is always better than carbs...)

northcountry

Two Stroke

After seeing the pics of the new 800 tiger, might be an option. !00 hp and about the same weight as the bonnie, not to shabby. Few sweat mods and there ya go. Price ain't to bad, but maybe more than you want to put into it? With the XC you'd be ok for the occasional off road.

strokerlmt

Sweatmachine....I saw a really nice 5 yr old Ducati in town. Missed the model but it was a naked bike. Looked like a nice bike for longer rides that would handle well.
LMT

I don't want an ADV bike, and although I love Ducatis, I don't want to deal with the maintanance. Mark's FZ1 has really got me thinking though...

austat2

Scooter
have you thought about a Suzuki GSX1400? My mate has one and i ride it a bit its very fast and handles real nice aswell

ivar

TT Racer
I really like those big naked UJM's. Like the Yamaha XJR1300, Honda CB1300 etc. Any of these available in the US?

nohawk

Rocker
To big of a market for squids looking for the latest "bold new tribal flame graphics" and Sons of Anarchy wannabes for us to get those cool big bore UJM's

Last edited: