thinking about another bike soon

cynr1023

TT Racer
I wouldn't go with a superduke if you're looking at longer travels. I only got to do a 9 mile test ride but the sprint is pretty comfortable. Speed triple is the mutts nuts though. Not sure how comfy it'd be on longer rides.

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
That Concours is nice but Ive heard the engine heat is awful in hot weather,solid bikes though. If I had the money Id buy a KTM Adventure in a minute.

I think the engine heat issue is with the new Concours (the 14). The original one is a solid - if boring - bike.

You should be able to find a Triumph Trophy if that's the genre you're after. I love mine. A bit lighter than the Concours (and a TON lighter than an ST).

nohawk

Rocker
You may be right but I think there was sometalk of the issue with the old connie too. I wouldnt be embarassed to ride one though but it would be alot like my old k100.Dependable and Boring.

T-boy

Rocker
Not on your list, sweat...but have you considered the BMW R series? Had one before my Bonnie and it was a great bike. Fast and dependable, very capable of touring; although not the nimblest in terms of handling. The only reason I got rid of it was that my better half didn't like riding pillion on it.

We.... you know what you need , where it is, with all the qualis that you are looking for.
Not a brainer!
PS: If you had a brain fart, just look at my sig pic:ride:

I have thought about that Carlos, and I still am.

I might pick up a salvage engine from Pinwalls and build it up to 994 or 1087 so I can keep riding while doing the engine work.

Vendor
I have thought about that Carlos, and I still am.

I might pick up a salvage engine from Pinwalls and build it up to 994 or 1087 so I can keep riding while doing the engine work.

Wrong...Bro!.
I wasn't talking about the Bonnie.
Take another look at my sig pic.
It is possible that you forgot?

scramjam

Scooter
S-machine,

Would a Tiger 1050 float your boat? Plenty of power, handles great, not bad as a tourer either.

I have to confess that I haven't ridden one. It's on my list for next years truck demo. However, I have talked to a number of Tiger riders that purchased the Tiger to fill the same needs that you are looking for.

It might be worth a look. I'm pretty sure you can pick up an '08 or '09 for under $10,000.

marthruxton

Two Stroke
sweat, if brutally fast is what you are looking for go with a Zx14 Kawasaki. My buddy just sold his. They are very soft right now.

well, I want brutally fast without the insurance company raping me, so I'll have to lean away from bikes like the ZX14, and more towards bikes like the Bandit, etc.

em_dot

Street Tracker
You on a bike with a radiator? Seriously?

Hopped up FXR... or better yet the 1087 in you current bike.