New Bike Project for LMT

Thrux181

Scooter
LMT, I've got a questions I figured you could answer. Are those Carrozeria wheels? What is the front's size? Did you have any fitment problems? If the money should become available, I'm thinking about putting them on my Scrambler. I don't what to go any smaller than 18 on the front and after doing searches, couldn't find any 19s.

Thanks, Bill

strokerlmt

LMT, I've got a questions I figured you could answer. Are those Carrozeria wheels? What is the front's size? Did you have any fitment problems? If the money should become available, I'm thinking about putting them on my Scrambler. I don't what to go any smaller than 18 on the front and after doing searches, couldn't find any 19s.

Thanks, Bill

Hey Bill......yes carrozeria's....front is a 17.....I had no axle / fitment problems. My only comment is you have a scram....are you converting completely to street bike? do you want some flexiblility that spoked give you? I am strictly street. best
LMT

Thrux181

Scooter
LMT, no I'm not going completely street. Just wanting tubeless. My Scambler is better on gravel forest roads than my Ulysses because of the 19 front and the longer wheel base. I figure a 18 would probably be fine. Had a Thruxton for a few years and when I hit any gravel roads it did OK.

Used to be young and fearless now I'm getting old and fearful. Don't want to deal with a tube in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks, Bill

strokerlmt

theacr.....I like the way it handles.....but I'm 5.9 with a 30 inch inseam.....

thrux181.....I don't think the carr's are grt of the road BUT I am no off road expert....

LMT

strokerlmt

so I'm all over the place. finishing up my BRG machine and now unfocused on the RAF bike. By unfocused I need to finish up the mundane shit and I am playing with the exhaust. what do you think about the high scram headers to a single predator ???????
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 0
that exhaust looks great, but that single Predator might not flow well enough for a 2-1 setup like that. Hell, run it and see how it does, but I think you'll need a larger diameter muffler. My D&D 2-1 muffler is like 1-3/4" or 1-7/8" ID and if I recall correctly the Preds are only like 1-1/2" ID.

strokerlmt

Sweatmachine.....i was thinking about that.....2 ....1.5 inch pipes into the smaller pred. We shall see. I just put a Dominator with a 2 inch throat on my 1.75 inch headers 2 to 1 and it sounds and performs great. Let you know when I run the bike...thx....
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
Sweatmachine.....i was thinking about that.....2 ....1.5 inch pipes into the smaller pred. We shall see. I just put a Dominator with a 2 inch throat on my 1.75 inch headers 2 to 1 and it sounds and performs great. Let you know when I run the bike...thx....
LMT

I'm really interested in this result Lach. And perhaps having you fabricate one of those 2:1 collectors for me (you did fab that, right?):shh: ...

Love the color scheme on the RAF bike. Can't wait to see it finished!

strokerlmt

I'm really interested in this result Lach. And perhaps having you fabricate one of those 2:1 collectors for me (you did fab that, right?):shh: ...

Love the color scheme on the RAF bike. Can't wait to see it finished!

Foot.....the 2 to 1 on my bike (BRG) is a Gately 1.5 to 1.75 to 2 inch headers. I took a dominator exhaust muffler and cut the throat off , 1.5 inch and welded on a 2 inch throat. The RAF bike has a stock scram system. I peeled off all the shields, ground off all the brackets. I bought a merge from BURNS in LA. It is a 1.5 inch on the header side...they fabbed the exact distance between pipes and put a 2 inch on the muffler side. I welded a 2 inch throat on an old Dominator. Hopefully with a stock engine I will get enough flow with the 2 inches....we shall see. Then I am going to header wrap the headers and muffler anywhere near where my leg will sit. Hope this makes sense....
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 0

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
Foot.....the 2 to 1 on my bike (BRG) is a Gately 1.5 to 1.75 to 2 inch headers. I took a dominator exhaust muffler and cut the throat off , 1.5 inch and welded on a 2 inch throat. The RAF bike has a stock scram system. I peeled off all the shields, ground off all the brackets. I bought a merge from BURNS in LA. It is a 1.5 inch on the header side...they fabbed the exact distance between pipes and put a 2 inch on the muffler side. I welded a 2 inch throat on an old Dominator. Hopefully with a stock engine I will get enough flow with the 2 inches....we shall see. Then I am going to header wrap the headers and muffler anywhere near where my leg will sit. Hope this makes sense....
LMT

Makes perfect sense actually, and thanks. PM/email me with the contact info for BURNS, will you please? I may have them fabricate a 'merge' for me.

Your Bonnie (BRG) could fit in right next to any of the Mecatwin bikes, seriously lad. It's gorgeous.

strokerlmt

The green bike sure is....um, green!

Nice observation SweatM...yes it is green the "new black" :) I need to get some better pics in natural light because in real life the sharpness is toned down. The paint guy did a great job on the tank and I was trying to get some better pics of just the tank as well. I like the green...........
LMT

Last edited:

strokerlmt

So I found this Triumph place in Austria. They have a bunch of British Bike Parts. They had vintage smiths gauge faces for like $15.00 a piece. So the idea is to take off the chrome ring (there is a site with a step by step on how to do this) and put on a vintage face. The needle/arm pops off easily. Putting the new face on is easy BUT obviously the numbers don't line up. So the Rev Clock is easy small red dot will be the red line. The speedo will have enlarged white dots for 25...35...65...75 mph. The problem is you can't match vintage gauges to new bikes mechanics or electrical and to make a face that looks vintage for new gauges is around $250.00 a copy which is dumb.
More soon....
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpg
    IMG_0374.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0375.jpg
    IMG_0375.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0378.jpg
    IMG_0378.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 0

FoothillRyder

Two Stroke
So I found this Triumph place in Austria. They have a bunch of British Bike Parts. They had vintage smiths gauge faces for like $15.00 a piece. So the idea is to take off the chrome ring (there is a site with a step by step on how to do this) and put on a vintage face. The needle/arm pops off easily. Putting the new face on is easy BUT obviously the numbers don't line up. So the Rev Clock is easy small red dot will be the red line. The speedo will have enlarged white dots for 25...35...65...75 mph. The problem is you can't match vintage gauges to new bikes mechanics or electrical and to make a face that looks vintage for new gauges is around $250.00 a copy which is dumb.
More soon....
LMT

Can't wait to see 'em on your bike lad! :worthy: