mirror options

geolpilot

Street Tracker
Yamaha Vmax mirrors fit on the Triumph stems. The look good and work very well and are high quality too.

mark66

TT Racer
So the stock mirrors look like giant kids lolli pops that give a good view of my shoulders and I'm not a fan of bar ends so what are some other option you guys have? I'm trying to keep that classic look which doesn't leave much as far as I can see.

Closest I've come are these but I don't like the swoopy stems.

http://www.british-customs.com/files/cache/c258e7d2cffb6d6da33d3ec013a232d0.jpg

Check these out......their round but lay much flatter and outward. These are the ones that are on my '70 BSA. Just an idea......
http://www.bellacorse.com/bcc206.htm

Nick Morey

Rocker
Yamaha Vmax mirrors fit on the Triumph stems. The look good and work very well and are high quality too.

+2 on the Yamaha Vmax mirrors. You can see much butter behind you and they don't look like lollipops. I've also had those small oval mirrors and you have to twist your head while pulling in your arm and shoulder to see behind you. Pics of both are in my album in my profile.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
Sorry, but my barends are one of the best mods on my Bonnie. Didn't realize what there was to see behind me till I put em on.

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
I have LSL bar end mirrors, spendy and beautiful, had to make spacers out of aluminum tubing to fit them in 1" bars...

Easy13

Street Tracker
With a bench vice, you can GENTLY bend the stock mirror stalks down a bit, thus moving the mirror outward, so you're not looking at your burly shoulders. Once you have that done, note that the threads on your stalks are the 10mm common to many metric bikes (like the Vmax). I picked up some very low-profile mirror heads on ebay for cheap and they looked pretty good til I went back to the CRG barend mirror that came with the bike (couldn't let an $85 barend mirror just sit in a box of spare and unused Bonne parts).

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1233.jpg

Hope this helps.

msc66

Two Stroke
msc66.....I had the BC mirrors and really liked them....then one vibrated loose and went for a tumble......
LMT

So you had the ones I linked? Did they stick out far enough to see past yourself? Do you think the vibrating loose was a quality issue?
Thanks for the input.

msc66

Two Stroke
With a bench vice, you can GENTLY bend the stock mirror stalks down a bit, thus moving the mirror outward, so you're not looking at your burly shoulders.

I'll do this first. I'd already thought of bending them but thought I'd crack the chrome or have to heat them but hey, its worth a try.

Easy13

Street Tracker
I'll do this first. I'd already thought of bending them but thought I'd crack the chrome or have to heat them but hey, its worth a try.

Don't clamp it in the vice at the part that goes into the hole in the handgrip (it'll snap right off, trust me), clamp it up where the bend in the stalk is. Use lots of padding (old rags) to avoid scratching the finish and work very slowly. I used a piece of pipe over the stem to give me some leverage.

Last edited:
When I first got my Bonnie, the mirrors were almost worthless. I got out the wrenches, tried positioning the stock mirrors in different positions and discovered one that works extremely well. I can see very well behind me now.

There is no need to change mirror types except to change the look of your motorcycle, with a little time and trial and error, the stock ones can be adjusted to give a very good view to the rear.

SCBonneville

Two Stroke
When I first got my Bonnie, the mirrors were almost worthless. I got out the wrenches, tried positioning the stock mirrors in different positions and discovered one that works extremely well. I can see very well behind me now.

There is no need to change mirror types except to change the look of your motorcycle, with a little time and trial and error, the stock ones can be adjusted to give a very good view to the rear.

It is "interesting" to hear someone complain about not being able to see anything but their elbows or shoulders... and looking at their mirrors, seeing that they aren't even adjusted correctly...

I still like the Yam. mirrors for their look and they give me a better view with their extend mirror surface...