From the ATL

msc66

Two Stroke
My names Mike and I live right near downtown Atlanta. I've had my 2001 Bonneville for 2 yrs. and have done nothing but change the oil, check the tire pressure and ride it. Recently though I've been bitten by the bug to start modifying it which during some internet searching brought me here.

Here's a pic. Stock except for some chrome bits. Not sure which direction I want to go with it but the first things will be exhaust and tail light/turn signals.

0101000115040103002008042398a33d452.jpg

bikes.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure which direction I want to go
You have certainly found the right site to work that out. My direction changed from thruxtonising initially to basically maintaining the 69 look. But just take your time mate. So much info and stuff to purchase cheap comes up on here that I would recommend slowly slowly. Welcome

Nick Morey

Rocker
:cheers: Welcome aboard, Mike. I agree with musicswapshoppe, slow is the way to go if you aren't sure what direction to take. There is a lot of cool bikes here. Check out people's albums in there profiles. D9 has an "Owner's Gallery" in his section under "Vendors", oh & click below... :D (shameless & selfish plug)

msc66

Two Stroke
Thanks guys. I've looked at many, many pics here since finding the site. That's where part of my indecision comes from. Gonna start with the pipes and the lights as those are the two things that I think look the most out of place. Want to go smaller on both with somewhat upswept pipes that are a tad louder than stock. After that who knows.

Nick, checked out your bike and it looks great but then I like 'em all!

Bonafide

NBR founder
Catch up with some of the locals in the NW ATL .. RAT Pack meetings in Kennesaw every Third Thursday of the month at Freedom Powersports. I thought I had all the mods I ever wanted til I met up with Thrux-ton-up one fateful day a few years ago. His bike causes involuntary drooling.

msc66

Two Stroke
Catch up with some of the locals in the NW ATL .. RAT Pack meetings in Kennesaw every Third Thursday of the month at Freedom Powersports. I thought I had all the mods I ever wanted til I met up with Thrux-ton-up one fateful day a few years ago. His bike causes involuntary drooling.

Thanks, I'll have to try to make the next one. What time do they start? week night traffic going north can be a real bitch but I'm not scared.

wobblygong

Street Tracker
Welcome to the forum Mike.
Looking at some of your posts, you'll fit in very nicely here.

Cheers,
wobbly from Downunda