My 2006 Scrambler

tdipalma

Scooter
MAS Airdam added

RightSide.jpg

I've only ridden my GS 800 once since I bought the Scram.

Isn't that weird! You would think with all the techno wizardry that the BMW posseses it would be the other way round... but I understand! Yasee, I owned a F800GS but sold it after two months, I presently own R1200GS's, G650GS, DL650's, DRZ400E's with big tank and road gearing (all in our rental fleet) but none of these interest me in the slightest because the Scrambler is the most fun to ride and not only fun... with a some engine and suspension upgrades IMHO it is as good if not better than the more fancied runners, except the DRZ400E when the going gets snotty.

whyme

TT Racer
Looks great. I like my 07 but i do like the engine in metal better than black. Let me know how you make out with the drop. I'm heading that way too. I need to get my feet on the ground a little more. I'm keeping an eye out for stock bonnie shocks and I guess I'll drop the triple clamp a bit. Not to sure about what it will do with the handling though. I was checking out the specs on the scram against the bonnie and there are some slight differences in the angles.

RoyNC

Street Tracker
Wow an OCC sticker on a Triumph?!?!? Looks like you got a Harley Trailer Queen on your hands now.

tdipalma

Scooter
Yea, I kinda expected that. Truth is, I met those guys back in 2001 at Steel Pony i(n New Orleans) and have visited their headquarters while working in NY. And you're correct, she spends more time sitting in her little heated building than on the road but ----------

I intend to keep her looking good for a long long time. Anyway, I have an old IT250 for the dirt.

Mr. T

RoyNC

Street Tracker
Hey Mr T. Hope you don't think I was slamming you. Just an observation. I like the bike a lot. I too have a trailer queen myself in the garage. The scrambler on the other hand is a little piggy in the dirt and it lives in the stuff. Great looking bike. Keep pics coming

G,Day, just wondering if you had any dramas fitting the smuggler to your Scram. Trying to get answers as to what seats will fit a Scram is like pulling teeth. i want to fit a corbin gunfighter to mine for a high pipe cafe racer look, already got the flat bars bar end mirrors, early style tail lights, monza cap, and will eventually fit a cafe style seat, rear sets, lower it and fit road tyres.

Hey man, i see you changed your brushed aluminum covers for chrome. Are your old covers for sale perhaps?? I really need the cam cover. As it stands, my bike has all brushed covers and for some reason a mismatched silver cam cover...

I'd be so grateful.

tdipalma

Scooter
How did you lower it and by how much?

I've installed Bonnie rear shocks which were an inch lower and simply slip the forks up in the trees by an inch.

Handling isn't much different than before but the suspension isn't great on these things to start with