Official Photo Of The Triumph's All-new Tiger Dirt Bike:

1759AG

Scooter
From Motocross Action Magazine

You have to go back to the 1970s for the last Triumph offroad bike, but the new Tiger 800 Cross-Country is something else

The Triumph Tiger 800 Cross-Country and its male model friends.

tiger800dirtbike.jpg

The MXA gang sees these kind of bikes all the time (from BMW, Husqvarna, Yamaha and other boutique builders) and we are always amazed that anyone would seriously build a bike street bike into a dirt bike, but Triumph is the latest to release spy photos of a new model.

Here is the official first photo of the new Triumph Tiger 800 XC. It is equipped with dirt tires, a 21-inch front wheel, skid plate, spoked wheels and two front fenders. There will also be a road-going version called the Triumph Tiger 800. It will have a 19-inch front wheel and tubeless tires. Both 800s are fitted with in-line triple Daytona 675 engines punch up to 800cc. They should produce about 100 horsepower and weigh around 400 pounds.

There is no more information, but when it is available you can find it at www.triumph.co.uk/usa/

DandyDoug

750cc
Dual sport styled bikes are the fastest growing segment in the M/C industry right now.
I'll bet Triumph sells a bunch of those.

Hamr Mark

TT Racer
When it first got leaked, I was pretty stoked about it. But seeing the profile...I dunno, it lost all appeal to me. The pic of the girls, (and I think a bike or two) looks good with the agressive tires, but that's about it. They took too much BMW, Honda etc etc and didn't put in enough 'Triumph'

I will have to wait until the bike show in January to see one in person, but right now, I'll pass.

Agree with both HM & Sal - a bit of a letdown at the moment and too "GS-ey". Hopefully once the mags get to test it and we can get all touchy-feely with it in the flesh, things will be different. Moot point for me though coz I'm skint so best I stay away!

Cheers,

Pikey.

D9

Vendor
Cool bike in many ways, would absolutely enjoy riding one and intend to... a missed design opportunity in other ways... can you say "me too?"

RoyNC

Street Tracker
b
Agree with both HM & Sal - a bit of a letdown at the moment and too "GS-ey". Hopefully once the mags get to test it and we can get all touchy-feely with it in the flesh, things will be different. Moot point for me though coz I'm skint so best I stay away!

Cheers,

Pikey.

I agree but we all know the rags only write positive articles so as not to tick off a major advertiser

tribear

Street Tracker
They are Triumphs! They are going to rock the house men! "T" hasn't failed us yet. An over sized Daytona 675 engine (800) is going to be a beast....
I'm hoping Triumph extensively rode the Beamer F800 and then tore it apart piece by piece and said, "let's fix this, gotta fix that, oh Lord...gotta fix this", etc. etc. Odds are all of the new Tigers will be huge hits. Time will tell. The force is strong with these ones....:beer: