What do YOU guys want if you could have it made?

sportyone

Street Tracker
Paddy, How about a chunky fork brace that isn't 200+ fucking dollars? I could use one of those . . right about now.

yeah that might be good,

$200+ is rather stupid for such a simple thing, like so many bits that are made for our bonneville's, we get ripped off, big time ? :c

So the only unexplored avenues left [at least to me] are single sided swing arms . I ruled the single side out,just because I wouldn't want to wreck my mags with a 2"axle,so.....
and you know there's only another week until winter,so.....:D
You could always do what the streetfighter riders do and graft a VFR swing arm.:brit_tit:

Kframe

Street Tracker
I know the flip-up seat is a priority (as it should have come that way stock!) but I also wonder about another thing...

Would it be possible or even advisable to have a knob for tightening the steering like old bikes used to have? Would that behave like a steering dampener or am I just pipe-dreaming?

-K

ruger

moped
Scrambler Solo Seat Stowage Cowl / Stone Guard

I think side covers would be huge. Only MAS makes them and they are just ovals. BeachFinn on the Thruxton page made some that look sick.A stone guard that is specifically designed for the bonnie headlight, not a mini stone guard that needs to be fabed to fit.

+1. And it would be nice to see a stone guard that uses smooth wire instead of that diamond-cut stuff.

Last edited:

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
Would it be possible or even advisable to have a knob for tightening the steering like old bikes used to have? Would that behave like a steering dampener or am I just pipe-dreaming?

-K

Farley and Ace make a twistie knob friction steering dampener. I have it rocks and doesn't look silly sticking off the side of the bike.

pattybilt

Scooter
Still around, we are having some technical difficulties with machinery, our mill died! Im still testing out the seat, getting it perfect and solid!

What about a kit to throw dual discs up front for guys who want that look on spoke rims.

+1 on that.

IMO, the front brake is a seriously limiting factor to "spirited" riding in the twisties. Obviously, we'd need a pair of decent 4/6 pot calipers to go with the new hub ;)

Cheers,

Pikey.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
What about a kit to throw dual discs up front for guys who want that look on spoke rims.

That would require a different hub and wheel. not really something you can "kit" IMO without considerable cost. There is already a cheaper route to go but you losed the spoked wheels. Not that you couldnt find a wheel builder and have one built to match the f3 front wheel.

RumRunner

Street Tracker
That would require a different hub and wheel. not really something you can "kit" IMO without considerable cost. There is already a cheaper route to go but you losed the spoked wheels. Not that you couldnt find a wheel builder and have one built to match the f3 front wheel.

Well you could do a hub (from a TBS) that was machined, a different right side lower leg (that was machined properly) a second rotor, caliper, M/C, and brake lines. You'd install the fork tube, relace the hub to your stock wheel (or upgraded wheel of your choice) and the rest would be straight forward. It can be done, it wouldn't be a simple kit but it could be done and I think a lot of guys would like the dual discs with old school spoke rims. We all know you can upgrade a single brake caliper system to work better than stock dual disc but it's the look that would count for the people doing this type of mod.

Kiwi

Two Stroke
Interesting thread. What became of it all?

Someone mentioned a trike conversion earlier, well this one is up for sale over here at the moment. No, it's not mine, I just happened across it the other day.

Attachments

• Bonnie Trike 01.jpg
    Bonnie Trike 01.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 0
  • Bonnie Trike 02.jpg
    Bonnie Trike 02.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 0

sportyone

Street Tracker
!

Interesting thread. What became of it all?

Someone mentioned a trike conversion earlier, well this one is up for sale over here at the moment. No, it's not mine, I just happened across it the other day.

That's great, trikes are very popular here in Australia,
wonder who produced it ?
good to get more info on that one, mate.
note it's the best Triumph, a Bonne Black too !

most of us are still waiting to see paddybuilt's hinged seat setup. so I guess a trike is a loooong way off ? :yawn2:

How 'bout a counterfieting machine that prints perfect/undetectable $20.00 bills to help us pay the exhorbitant prices for mod parts. :lol3::lol::lol2::pd::pd2:

koifarm

Hooligan
I'm thinking more like a card for the Dealers Service Area, kinda like a "Get out of the service area FREE!"

Bigted

Two Stroke
I would love to be able to buy a finned aluminum cam cover that looks similar to the one on the old 67 to 70 BSA 650 twins. The stock rounded looking cover that Triumph uses now was one of the biggest turn offs about the appearance of the New Bonneville.
Just my 2 cents.

BIG +1 :cheer:

Bigted

Two Stroke
how about a tail light combo with lucas signals and a 60s style light?(the one with the "bullet nose")

Burton's Bike Bits has the Lucas 679 tail light (bullet nose) aluminum housing plus the integrated bracket for the license plate. Keep meaning to order them.