Triumph Thunderbird Storm = drooooll!!!

meh, I'll say it's much better than the standard 'Bird, but it's still an overweight ugly water-cooled pig with forward controls.

I HATE the tank shape, and the exhaust.

Gretsch

Rocker
It's better looking than a regular TBird but it's still not my style. The twin headlights are a big improvement.

dschief

750cc
Put that engine in a standard frame and call it a "Super Bonnie", that would attract my interest.

Sal Paradise

Hooligan
one other thing I'm really not impressed with is th new Bonny color scheme for 2011

Old_site_2011_colours_Bonneville_T100_Cream_choc_534x309.jpg

I already renamed it "Baby Shit Brown and creme".

Yep, looks like the tank has been dipped in a sewage pit!

BTW, I wonder if any of the execs at Triumph read the crap we post here? Seat-of-the-pants customer feedback! :D

Cheers,

Pikey.

Hide the radiator better, somewhat like the Vulcan from K-saki and give it mid controls, oh ya, put the overweight pig on a diet and I would like it better.

Kframe

Street Tracker
For the extra $4k couldn't you just put three grand into a Bonneville engine and a grand into the brakes and suspension and end up with a more powerful (HP/torque to weight) bike?
That'd excite me more than the Blunderbird.
-K

For the extra $4k couldn't you just put three grand into a Bonneville engine and a grand into the brakes and suspension and end up with a more powerful (HP/torque to weight) bike?
That'd excite me more than the Blunderbird.
-K

Exactly. Did anybody bother to notice the weight specs? It's a big fat fucking pig! 750lbs dry weight! Fuck that.

one other thing I'm really not impressed with is th new Bonny color scheme for 2011

Old_site_2011_colours_Bonneville_T100_Cream_choc_534x309.jpg

Note the Scrambler style tank paint and that looks like a Scrambler seat to me as well. Body colour side panels look good too. Overall I'd give it an 8 out of 10 but if they put a standard Bonnie seat on it and went back to a silver engine (instead of black) with brushed covers I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

mark66

TT Racer
That Thunderbird, don't like it. Don't like the two headlights, or the big, big ass radiator like that.

damianw

moped
Any of you guys ridden a Thunderbird and Bonnie back to back.
The T/Bird is only a bit down on power to weight but up a bit on torque to weight. I have both bikes and find the T/Bird to be an excellent bike. On a long distance it is far better than the Bonnie; I have completed two 5000km plus rides this year on it. The extra torque makes it fun to wind on from slow speeds; the bike just digs in and goes.
Sure it's a heavy bike and not to everybodies taste but it's still one hell of a machine with the right name on the tank.