Anyone on here have an exhaust from Lowbrow Customs?

Hey all,

Ive been exhaust shopping for more than 2 years for my 2007 Bonneville. At first I was about to plunge and buy the blunts from Sinclair Industries Inc (http://shop.sinclairindustries.com/video) but after hearing the whole drama of him taking forever and some people not getting their money back I decided to hell with that.

Then I was browsing through LowBrow Custom's website and saw several exhausts that caught my eye and for the price cannot be beat. I particularly like the shorty mufflers and the reverse cone shorty mufflers. Here's a link to their site. http://www.lowbrowcustoms.com/index.php?pg=1&l=product_list&c=32

If any of you have an exhaust for them for your modern Bonneville, I want to know your opinions.

nohawk

Rocker
Ive got the upswept cocktail shakers and they are super loud with or without the baffles. I got some different baffles at the harley shop and covered and stuffed them with packing and then wrapped them with screen to get the the noise down a bit. The reverse cone shorty ones for 90 bucks might be my next exhaust.

Craigore

TT Racer
I have the emgo reverse cone mufflers. That is what Lowbrow sells. Trust me, I was in their tent at the AMA show and they were selling them there in their orginal boxes. good prices!

Anyway, I jetted to a 145 main but I have my airbox gutted. with airbox intact I think I had a 125 in there or something. I still have it if you want it.

nohawk

Rocker
145 main 42 pilot with uni filters and no airbox. Are the reverse cone mufflers re-packable Craigore? Or are they quiet enough, seems like most these cheap cans are pretty damn loud.

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
145 main 42 pilot with uni filters and no airbox. Are the reverse cone mufflers re-packable Craigore? Or are they quiet enough, seems like most these cheap cans are pretty damn loud.

I have the Emgo reverse cones with the same 145/42 setup. They are fairly loud and very farty around 3000 rpms, but not as loud as the Specialty Spares TT pipes I had on before. I really hate the farty sound, but I did read on another thread about a guy repacking with wool batting instead of fiberglass. He said it helped with the farting. Can't find the thread sorry...

Easy13

Street Tracker
I'm considering Lowbrow's shorties for one of my typical muffler-junkie projects. Get the adapters, cut everything as short as possible, weld shorter adapters to shorty-er mufflers and 'voila; cheapoblunts. Probably obscenely loud, but those shorties do a good job of knocking the tinny/blatty edge off straight pipes (I've used em on other bikes), and the kewl factor should make me feel better about the nasty looks from my neighbors.

Hey, Nohawk, if you decide to lose/sell the cocktail shakers, PM me. Any good muffler junkie would love those old-school nastiblasters.

Savantjk

Street Tracker
I have a D&D set on mine and have been thinking of buying the cocktail shakers for something different / more noise. Here in Louisiana people surely aren't looking for bikes unless they HEAR them... and surely they won't make the Bonnie any louder than those Harleys. Right?

nohawk

Rocker
I have a D&D set on mine and have been thinking of buying the cocktail shakers for something different / more noise. Here in Louisiana people surely aren't looking for bikes unless they HEAR them... and surely they won't make the Bonnie any louder than those Harleys. Right?

Hey dude I tried to PM you but no go, think you have to have more posts? Ive heard the D&Ds are pretty loud but if you want more volume you should get you some cocktail shakers, they are super loud. Baffles help to tone down a bit of the raspy-ness.

Craigore

TT Racer
You can repack the emgo mufflers. I've had them on my bike for 2 seasons. Yes, they are "farty" as described. Mine are already rusting... I have no garage so it's to be expected. I'd definitely spring for something like the Predators in the long run. For a cheap fix, these will do fine.

Savantjk

Street Tracker
Hey dude I tried to PM you but no go, think you have to have more posts? Ive heard the D&Ds are pretty loud but if you want more volume you should get you some cocktail shakers, they are super loud. Baffles help to tone down a bit of the raspy-ness.

Yea my PMing wasn't working yet due to a lack of posts. It worked before my account was activated and then shut down after activation until the 10 posts had been made.