Exhaust mount reduce weight

strokerlmt

So the big old Triumph welded muffler brace makes sense to me if you have a 200 lb lady ridin behind you. Both my wife and I do not like 2 up. So off comes the extra bar for the bigga bac seat rider. AND it turns out to be really heavy. The bit from the weld down to the muffler mount is solid steel....why ????. I stood on the left over bottom brace and jumped up and down and no movement and I am 190lbs. So less weight and more view of the bike .....
More soon
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 0

2Monkeys

Street Tracker
Looks very cool. I sure as heck wouldn't put the passenger pegs back on! not that you are likely to...

Rusk

moped
Is there a reason that you removed the top brace, rather than the lower one? It seems that an upper support would prove stronger.

strokerlmt

I thought about removing the lower one but I wanted more of a "see through" look and the lower lines up with the swing arm. BTW one brace is as strong as shit. I never ride two up....will never sell this bike and you could weld it bac on if you wish. The wishbone is complete over kill for the muffler. Half of both braces is SOLID not even a pipe.
LMT

strokerlmt

Ready for a little sanding and some touch up paint...
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0128.jpg
    IMG_0128.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0127.jpg
    IMG_0127.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 0

strokerlmt

ok back to normal as normal may be.....a little paint and there we have it.
I like the right side big time. I dislike the left side very much. Seems like the brace hangs out there more than the wishbone brace.....
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0136.jpg
    IMG_0136.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0137.jpg
    IMG_0137.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 0

nohawk

Rocker
Why do you need the left one if your gonna keep that 2-1 exhaust on? The new swingarm really looks nice.

strokerlmt

I need the left one because I really like the the 2 to 2 predators....but shit the 2 to 1 I have is the best thing I have ever had and it sounds and responds great so
NoHawk you are so right what the fuck do I need the left one for. I can always weld it bac on and it looks horrible rt now. Thx
LMT

strokerlmt

NoHawk....thx sometimes its needs a different set of eyes looking at the issue.
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpg
    IMG_0140.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0142.jpg
    IMG_0142.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 0

mondokat

Scooter
Why do you need the left one if your gonna keep that 2-1 exhaust on? The new swingarm really looks nice.

I'm retarded. I was looking at that picture and was like, "What's missing here?" DUH, the muffler. :pick:

Yeah, much better with the whole brace off.

ivar

TT Racer
NoHawk you are so right what the fuck do I need the left one for. I can always weld it bac on and it looks horrible rt now. Thx
LMT

Or put on a clamp around the frame, then some aluminum piece to hold the muffler. (more weight reduction :p)

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Looks good, when I get around to throwing the D&D full race system on my bike I'll remove the exhaust hangers completely. MY only concern about those mufflers is the added stress on the header flange bolts at the cylinder head. I would assume though that D&D researched it and found it to be okay.

rodburner

Rocker
The mufflers or at the very least,the headers at the back,NEED to be supported. The header studs and nuts WILL NOT support the full weight of any exhaust made for a Bonnie.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I agree with Rodburner big time....the headers and muffler need to have another point of support...
LMT

Indeed that was my conclusion, did some research and found that the mufflers on the d&d setup does actually have mount points on the mufflers as well