took my T100 on the track for first time

inknwheels

Scooter
Just want to share a couple of shots of me on my T100 on NH Speedway ! I am a new rider (1 year in)...IN LOVE with my bike...and can't get enough! Took her on the track for the first time EVER and she was VERY happy! Never thought my bike could lean like THAT! TOO MUCH FUN!!! At 45, and never having been on a MC ever before last June...I have one thing to say....WHY THE HECK DIDN'T I DO THIS SOONER!!! Heading into turns at 65 and taking some tight ones at 35-40!!!! Holy cow!!! One of the most exhilarating experiences I have ever had!!! And it was a woman's only day!!! I HIGHLY recommend it!!! Finished up with some sweet riding around Lake Winnepesaukee (sp?) to finish the trip! And I could take what I learned on the track and apply it to the road!!! Big confidence builder!!! Can't wait to go back!!!

Attachments

• antique #3.jpg
    antique #3.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 0
  • reviewing track with Jane.jpg
    reviewing track with Jane.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 0

inknwheels

Scooter
thought i would add one more in color to appreciate what a great bike she is! I love the versatility...long trips, zippin around town and totally able to keep up on the track. Had tape up lights and take off mirrors just in case!!! Thank goodness both of us came off in one piece!!!

Attachments

• Turn #3.jpg
    Turn #3.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0

Bonniebret

Rocker
Congratulations and great pics! What an amazing experience. I've always wanted to do that! Did the track provide the leathers for you?

inknwheels

Scooter
yes! Nice, comfortable Vanson leather body suit (although quite tattered...not by me thank god!), and I felt well protected!! I had everything else, but they do have all you would need...boots, gaunlet gloves, full face helmets, etc. I had everything except pants and jacket that zipped together. It was truly surreal and one of the highlights of my life!!! Sooo much you can learn in the safest environment possible!

inknwheels

Scooter
One more toward end of the day when I was really comfortable passing! Wish I had one more day to really work on skills. You finally get comfortable and before you know it the day is over. A 2 day would be ideal!

Attachments

• passing!!.jpg
    passing!!.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 0
I'm guessing, "you go girl" would be appropriate here. Nice pix. I'd love to try a track day sometime but I'd probably ride 55 mph all day :eeek:

cynr1023

TT Racer
Outstanding! Looks like a blast. I'll eventually get my bike on a track. Until then I'll do track days vicariously through you guys!! (and gals)

loxpump

Rocker
Track days are a blast for sure. Nice of them to provide leathers, they can be pricey. Nice to see more ladies mixing it up on the track. August 14th can't come soon enough.

inknwheels

Scooter
Have to thank my brother for the amazing photos! He,my daughter and the hubby joined me and they were very patient and encouraging during quite a long day. The great thing about it was there was NO pressure. You took your time learning and moved up in groups as your confidence grew. If you wanted to go 40 the whole time, you could. You stuck with whatever your comfort zone was. It surprised me how much I wanted to move up ...and how much I LOVED that throttle open!! There were a few terrifying milliseconds when my heart was in my throat but once that light bulb goes on...it is nothin but intoxicating!!! Need to find a track close to Philly!

Welcome to the addiction...or should I just say....habit.

I was the same way too. When I got my first bike (a Daytona 675) I was always doing canyons and never heard of the term "trackdays." I was fortunate enough to meet a couple people that educated me about trackdays and answer all my concerns.

Now 4 years into riding, I have 3 years worth of track riding...doing one or two trackdays a month.

Needless to say...I SOOO want to take my Bonneville out on the track. However the mentality and approach is going to be completley different since Im already an advanced rider on my 675.

I already scrape pegs and the occasional muffler on the street so Im really curious how I would do on the track.

Last edited:

inknwheels

Scooter
wow! Lucky you! I just cannot even wait to get back...and would love to think one day I will hear some scraping!!! We headed to NH for this particular day...spent 10 hours getting home at 1:30 a.m. and head was so filled with track dreams...I sat up til 3:00 looking for a track nearby! (not that I can afford the time or the money....but it can't hurt to LOOK, right?) It was Penguin Racing School which I think also does time at Millville, NJ...but again...life is nuts and college tuition coming next year...will have to practice some leans on the street instead. But I can see becoming addicted! I never in a million years would have thought I'd even own a motorbike...let alone slidin my rear off the seat in a tight twistie with Ducatis and BMWs wizzing by!!! But if not now...when? Want my 2 daughters growing up knowing how to live a full and exciting life!!!

wow! Lucky you! I just cannot even wait to get back...and would love to think one day I will hear some scraping!!! We headed to NH for this particular day...spent 10 hours getting home at 1:30 a.m. and head was so filled with track dreams...I sat up til 3:00 looking for a track nearby! (not that I can afford the time or the money....but it can't hurt to LOOK, right?) It was Penguin Racing School which I think also does time at Millville, NJ...but again...life is nuts and college tuition coming next year...will have to practice some leans on the street instead. But I can see becoming addicted! I never in a million years would have thought I'd even own a motorbike...let alone slidin my rear off the seat in a tight twistie with Ducatis and BMWs wizzing by!!! But if not now...when? Want my 2 daughters growing up knowing how to live a full and exciting life!!!

LOL...scraping pegs is okay...but scraping muffler is terrifying because it will kick you off the bike...very dangerious.

Here's some pics of me on the street heading out to meet some peeps at a cafe.

One thing I can tell you is with the Bonnie, if you emphasize correct form and correct lines, (which in the pics you showed looks good) you will be wizzing by people. Since the Bonneville cannot lean as far as a sportbike, line choice and form will be what levels the playing field for them. Its how I pass SQUIDS on sportbikes at Palomar Mountain.

Here;s a vid of someone following me. The video the furthest Im leaning my bike is just scraping pegs....but really emphasized form and line choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwDsO-_0CfQ

Attachments

• 06-05-10-207.jpg
    06-05-10-207.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 06-05-10-208.jpg
    06-05-10-208.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 0

inknwheels

Scooter
One word...WOW! SWEET VIDEO! And envious! Wish I had roads like that to practice on and wish I had discovered this crazy hobby many years ago! Fear can fill an older gal's head pretty quickly when the kids are still at home! But my last run out on the track was so far beyond anything I thought I was capable of...I am sure if I had the chance to practice this often...I could get there! You look fantastic on that Bonnie! I am very impressed!

Motley

750cc
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess it was "womans day" at the track, huh, what do I win?

Looks like you had a heap of fun, aren't these great bikes, or what?

mark66

TT Racer
Congrats on the track day. My wife is going for her beginners classroom and riding school lessons next month.
Did you ever think of Lime Rock track in northwest Ct. I know its a bit of a ride for you but has to be shorter than NH. I'm not sure if they do motorcycles but it may be worth checking out.

T-boy

Rocker
Love your enthusiasm, ink...it's almost contagious. Maybe those of us that have been riding for many years are sometimes guilty of taking the freedom and exhilaration of a cycle ride for granted. I, for one, live for those cool sunny mornings when I can take a spin down curvy, country roads without meeting another soul along the way. Ride on, sister!!!!!!

Last edited: