winsheilds

phil

Street Tracker
Just a quick question about winsheilds, I insalled a winsheild a bought off another bike and i get alot of buffeting of of it, do the winsheild that triumph make desingned for the bike or do they just bare the triumph logo. Has anyone used the fly screens do they offer alot of protection or are they just for looks. thanks guys. I uploaded some pictures to give u guys a side view and front view. Thats my 2010 bonnie in the middle. Tee hee. :headbang2: I just wan't sure about the angle or how far away it should be. thanks ..

Attachments

• bonnie  8.JPG
    bonnie 8.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 0
  • bonnie 9.JPG
    bonnie 9.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 0
windshields

Phil,

I have the national removeable windshield and the dart fly screen.

I found the National kept buffeting me no matter how I adjusted it. The Dart fly screen gave me better buffeting protection, but not 100%. I kept the Dart.

In addition I found when I where an open face helmet the buffeting is even less. The Shoei full face gets more of the buffeting.

It appears to be on an individual basis based on your height, the angle of the shield and the helmet.

Too bad we can't try 2-3 screens and see what works and what doesn't prior to buying the item.

Good luck with the choice. I honestly think its a bit of a crap shoot.

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I have a Dart and it seems to work out. Ain't no windshield that doesn't buffer you and ain't no windshield that protects you all the way. My bucket is a half helmet with a half shield and it's just fine for my type of riding. IMHO the Dart looks waay cooler.

Norvel

Two Stroke
Phil,

I have the national removeable windshield and the dart fly screen.

I found the National kept buffeting me no matter how I adjusted it. The Dart fly screen gave me better buffeting protection, but not 100%. I kept the Dart.

In addition I found when I where an open face helmet the buffeting is even less. The Shoei full face gets more of the buffeting.

It appears to be on an individual basis based on your height, the angle of the shield and the helmet.

Too bad we can't try 2-3 screens and see what works and what doesn't prior to buying the item.

Good luck with the choice. I honestly think its a bit of a crap shoot.

I agree with the Crap Shoot concept.

I'm fiddling with a National Deflector Screen right now and even with the 100 degrees of adjustable rake it still buffets.

I called a local Plastic MFG and they said they'd cut me a "flat" piece of Polycarbonate if I made a pattern. I have the Triumph Detachable Summer screen and I think I'm gonna try and see if I can pattern out something that is taller and a bit wider and have them cut it out and then bolt it up to the detachable frame...

DandyDoug

750cc
WINDSCREENS/windshields are a compromise any way you cut it, since they are not really an aero-dynamic design to begin with.

I had a Givi A 600 on for a long time and when I finally got it adjusted to the proper angle for me it was pretty good at getting the air up off my chest and did not buffet around except in some side winds.

Also tried the Dart fly screen, it was very effective for it's size and it was ok untill it got cold out.

I now have the ultimate in air management , no buffeting, increased fuel mileage and it looks great to me. A Parabellum Scout Fairing , I currently have the 10' high smoke screen mounted and next winter I'll go up to a 14" for a bit more protection.

Parabellum also makes a clear windscreen for the Bonneville and reports I have seen say it's very good .

KingBear

Hooligan
I like the Dart as well. It's well made and comes complete with everything packaged very nicely. It reduces buffeting without creating drag.

phil

Street Tracker
cool, thanks for advice. I'll check out parabellum and make some adjustments to the windshield I have and send some pics. thanks for your time.:)

pz1p

Two Stroke
i have the parrabellium sport shield, best thing i bought, no buffeting, good protection, just don't know what to do with the other two shields i have in the shed, one a triumph roadster shield.

Wonderdog

Scooter
I had a parabellum sport shield trimmed down to my specs and buffeting was almost non existent. Now I have a Dart flyscreen and like it better. Next is probably going to be a D9 flat bracket and no shield. It's me that's changing. Now I like my bike with less stuff hanging on it. I'm in bike strip down mode now.

phil

Street Tracker
What he said too. Did you wipe out the faces of the Harley riders, evil :fight:bastard

No, My buudie doesn't like his face on a web site! so I told him i wiped out his face. Just one Harley there, My Bonnie almost didn't started parked so close(lol) the other bike is a cm400 honda. :cheers:. there both good guys.

I agree with the Crap Shoot concept.

I'm fiddling with a National Deflector Screen right now and even with the 100 degrees of adjustable rake it still buffets.

I called a local Plastic MFG and they said they'd cut me a "flat" piece of Polycarbonate if I made a pattern. I have the Triumph Detachable Summer screen and I think I'm gonna try and see if I can pattern out something that is taller and a bit wider and have them cut it out and then bolt it up to the detachable frame...

Norvel.

I've got the Triumph detachable summer shield also. IMO it's much worse than no shield at all. I'm riding interstate lately and need something to dampen the buffeting.
Please keep us informed as to how your idea works out. I've been thinking about doing the same thing.

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
I have a Parabellum tall and like it. I've found that it will cut back on yer top end as I still have yet to break a ton since putting it on. I've gotten right to it but ran out of road. Gas mileage is great at 52 mpg at the posted speed limit though. If I encounter any unwanted airflow turbulent, I just roll on the throttle and the shield forms a bubble around me which is excellent at 75 to 80 mph. About the only thing I've noticed with the Parabellum is that I get a little upward wind draft while at slower speeds. The Parabellum is cool and I whole-heartily recommend it to anyone looking for a decent wind blast deflector.

I have a Parabellum tall and like it. I've found that it will cut back on yer top end as I still have yet to break a ton since putting it on. I've gotten right to it but ran out of road. Gas mileage is great at 52 mpg at the posted speed limit though. If I encounter any unwanted airflow turbulent, I just roll on the throttle and the shield forms a bubble around me which is excellent at 75 to 80 mph. About the only thing I've noticed with the Parabellum is that I get a little upward wind draft while at slower speeds. The Parabellum is cool and I whole-heartily recommend it to anyone looking for a decent wind blast deflector.

Which size Parabellum did you get?

phil

Street Tracker
I checked the parabellum winsheilds and I found the scout faring it knida cool, so I send them a email today to send me some infromation on it. thank for advice guys.