Non Triumph project

How do you like the Duc Otherwise? You look at home riding it.

Love the vintage stuff as well.
Cheers.

Thanks, back before kids I raced Ducatis and other stuff so I am at home on sports bikes. That 750SS is so small and flick-able it's a joy o ride, just not at home in slow moving traffic.

The old bikes are fun but I have too many of them and only one bum:)

mark66

TT Racer
Oh man, I want that Norton! That is one beautiful machine. A friend of mine had an Atlas way back in the day. I'm also retired and my summer job is to keep my 3 bikes running! That would look nice with my BSA's. I just need to get you to ride the thing over here.;)
Here's a pic of my BSA's. The 1972 was mine, got it in 1976, the '70 is one my son and I are riding/restoring. Right now he's riding a 2008 Ducati GT 1000.
IMG_0406.jpg
[/IMG]

Mark, both very nice bikes, when these photos and comments come up I definitely start to have second thoughts about selling, that's probably why I haven't advertised them yet. It's great that you are involved with your son on the BSA projects.

mark66

TT Racer
Mark,
Have you ridden your son's Duc GT1000? How does the riding experience compare to your bonnie?
Cheers.

Yes I've ridden it several times. There's really no comparing it to my bonnie as mine is the America/Speedmaster model. The Ducati just handles so much easier and the throttle response is so immediate its just in another class. If you ever get a chance to ride a Duc don't pass it up.

I rode the GT1000 at a demo event at Larz Anderson last year.

It's a fantastic machine, of course.

Maybe I'll get one used in a few years when the prices aren't as high?

Speed3Chris

I like Dick
Thanks. The Duc GT1000 was on my short list when I bought my T100. I got too good of a deal on my T100...a story there...to pass it up. Arctic...for some reason...if you comb Cycletrader, Duc GT1000 prices are not that high used. Two things are different between the bikes...the GT1000 being really a sport bike cloaked in retro garb...insurance...is a fair amount higher and maintenance is going to be higher. I have never owned a Ducati and many I know have sold them because they are more expensive to maintain.
I would rather do what Otherwise is doing and borrow one to work on and ride. :) There is no denying their appeal and performance however....a few are lucky to own both a bonnie and a GT1000. I am almost inclined toward a Street 3 before a GT1000 but will see I guess as the motorcycle gods are capricious. :)

Last edited: