Does Anyone Carry When Riding?

HayMike

Scooter
A long time ago in a Galaxy far far away. I took some nice long trips on various bikes and never felt the need to pack a gun. If you want to, do it, but I think it would be more trouble than it's worth. :chair: You might develop a headache.:rocket:

I agree completely, you'll be more bothered by people who want to ask about the bike and trip than want to hurt you.
Mike

em_dot

Street Tracker
fuck im glad to live in australia no need for that shit in oz only think we pack is our roadbag and panadol for hangovers lol

Oh, please! We've all seen Mad Max. We know what it's like down there. Motorcycle gangs; The Toe Cutter, Jonny the Boy, and The Bronz out to stop them. Pure Madness! Not safe for wife or child...

Seriously, I say carry if you feel you have to, just don't break the law doing it.

Last edited:

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Seriously, I say carry if you feel you have to, just don't break the law doing it.

That was never the issue; being overseas is kind of hard to get some of this information and that is why I asked the question. I never asked if I should or shouldn't but wether if someone was familiar with state to state travel in regards to having a concealed permit. I will absolutely do this in a legal way; this is why I threw the question up here and asked.

Oxblood

750cc
Look into getting out of state licenses for Florida and Utah, that used to give you the most reciprocity.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Look into getting out of state licenses for Florida and Utah, that used to give you the most reciprocity.

That seems to be the $1,000,000 word...reciprocity. Thansk for the links you shared, I have been able to get a lot of information from that, especially scrubbing through the NRA site. It seems that being "legal" isn't as easy as someone would think it would be. To be legal in one state doesn't necessarily mean you are legal in another. That is a really good idea though about getting an out of state license license through Utah as well as my home state of NY. Learning about this has definitely been an eye opener for me and what it takes in order to comply with the law.

Oxblood

750cc
New York alone gets you:
Alaska, Arizona, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, New York, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont

New York and Utah gets you:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming

New York and Florida gets you:
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming

So by getting both you have alot of overlap but you also get access to:
Kansas, New Mexico, Minnesota

I may have missed some I just looked it up quickly but I think you can get the idea

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
That is the answer then; thank you for the help with this Oxblood. The only hole I have on this route would be PA coming back home but there is the option of keeping it in the lock box in the saddle bag. So it looks like I need to do the paperwork for NY, Florida, and Utah.

Edit:

Disregard; seems I have a slight reading problem. The Utah & Florida licenses clears me in Penny so I am good to go :D That is the route I had planned out and this thing is slowly coming together...woo hoo!!!

Last edited:

Kirkus51

Hooligan
I had a friend who got pulled over in California a long long time ago. Had a piece in his glovebox. Had to pay a fine and he lost the pistol.

jhillier71

Street Tracker
A good reference for the states is
http://www.usacarry.com
It will tell you the reciprocity states and their rules. If you feel you need to pack, pack. I hate the people that tell you, "you wont need it up here!" those are usually the places you need it most.

An armed society is a polite society!

An armed society is an accident waiting to happen. You Yanks crack me up with all this gun talk and your gated communities. Turn off Fox News and take a deep breath...

Last edited:
An armed society is an accident waiting to happen. You Yanks crack me up with all this gun talk and your gated communities. Turn off Fox News and take a deep breath...

...Imagine guns were allowed at a Leafs vs. Habs game in either city...carnage!!! :chair:

koifarm

Hooligan
Two things about a CC permit.
One, even if you are carrying in a state with no reciprocity, the simple fact is that you have to go through a background check to get one. Automatically you are not a felon if you are able to get one no matter what state it's from. Consequently, even if you don't have one for the state you're in, the LEO will know right off the bat that you're not a felon and thus will usually be easier on you.
Two, if you are stopped and the LEO asks if you have any weapons anywhere, always say yes, present the CC permit and tell him exactly where it is. By being straightforward, you are in a better position for him to decide how he want's to handle the situation.
I wonder if Bonafide can chime in here with his experiences...what do you think Dude?

loxpump

Rocker
No one armed that has a CCW permit bothers me. The ones out to do harm will carry no matter what the law says, some people just don't seem to understand that.

Oxblood

750cc
Lets not get into a debate here, no-one is going to change any minds. If you have info for B06Tang lets help him and keep the politics out of it.

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I guess it was inevitable for the bullshit debate begin even though that had nothing to do whatsoever with the OP. Ironically though, I never said that this was for defense against another human being...seems everyone is happy to make that assumption and jump up on their high horse and start preaching. :yawn::shrug:

tezza

Street Tracker
yeah i know it in your constatution, the right to bear arms or was that arm bears, i always get that mixed up.