Holy shit...swingarm....exhaust....

strokerlmt

Just spoke with Klink....great knowledgeable guy.....got the program now so will drop the wheel again to get it perfect. Good things....JMC arm is tremendous and I am extremely comfortable taking teh whole rear end apart as this will be the 8th drop for me this week :D
LMT

strokerlmt

Well me thinks it is time to throw in the towel unless someone has a better idea and take my girl to teh shop. The swingarm is on....the extra spacers are in.....the axle torques up nicely....the wheel spins freely with true sprockets and true chain looking very smooth. ...........
I cannot get the rear brake on properly. I need 5 stainless washers as spacers each bolt to get the caliper on the rotor with the new swingarm. Then a 10 minute test ride and the rotor is so hot I cannot put my hand on it and I get a rubbing noise from the rear after 10 minutes.......
As always any experiences or thoughts greatly appreciated......
LMT

Chris in NC

Street Tracker
You shouldn't need any spacers for the caliper... something's not set up right.

I wish I'd taken some pix of the bike from the rear with the swingarm in place. The swap is pretty straight forward. Did you talk to my buddy Marc? He told me today he'd sent you a PM..

My apologies your complications.. It's really not difficult installing the rear wheel assembly. When you do figure it out, you're gonna kick yourself in butt for doing whatever you're doing to make it not fit together.

nohawk

Rocker
LMT can you put up a pic of how the caliper is situated? How does the caliper bracket fit on to the swanky new swingarm?

strokerlmt

Ok...Ok.....I take it all bac...shit you all must be so bored of me....stop readin this shit.
Chris yes I spoke with Marc....great gent.....
I need the 2 spacers you sent to equal out the each side......
What I was doing wrong was putting the spacer on the brake side on the wrong side of the caliper brace/lock and therefore the caliper wasn't parallel to the rotor.
Now I have put the spacer on the correct side and the caliper lock so now parallel to rotor......
My apologies....this has been pretty boring but this amateur wrencher has been doing this sort of trail by error......
Great education.......I think I might have it now.....
Need to get teh caliper on and go for a short run and "lay my hand on teh rotorrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"
Thx Chris and Marc......
LMT

klink

Two Stroke
It's all a learning process so it ain't boring me. I hope things are situ-ma-ta-ted correct now.

strokerlmt

Nohawk......I'll post a pic later.....
Klink.......I actually had a great time. Taking the rear apart that many times was a great wrenchin learnin process. I taught myself how to use a long straight edge thx to Coop to check front/rear sprocket alignment.....then I used 2 smaller straight edges to figure out the rear sproket.
/brake caliper alignment. Wheel running very smoothly now on the lift with the rear brake caliper on. Rear brake working well....no drag just normal brake pad light touch to rotor. All I need now is a good test run which will have to wait until afta work...Klink I got the spacers in with very little pressure from a blue taped bronze pry bar.......Thx klink you were very helpful.
Chris.......thx for the swingarm......it is great.....hope to meet u when you come to get the Norton.......
LMT

strokerlmt

OKKKK....this thread from me is done......thx for all comments and help. I am up running and lookin, handlin very cool.......
LMT