Jets

Gretsch

Rocker
The 127.5s are running OK but not as much in the power department as I expected. Would adjusting (in or out) the needles help?

the main only affects full throttle, as in wide fucking open. The needles work from just opening the throttle to all but full throttle. If it's weak at full throttle, your main is wrong. If it's weak at mid throttle, your needles are wrong. My guess is you need either no shims, or one shim on each needle.

Gretsch

Rocker
the main only affects full throttle, as in wide fucking open. The needles work from just opening the throttle to all but full throttle. If it's weak at full throttle, your main is wrong. If it's weak at mid throttle, your needles are wrong. My guess is you need either no shims, or one shim on each needle.

I'm running no shims right now. What about turns out?

to richen the idle mix unscrew the mixture screws, lefty loosey. Try going about a 1/4 turn at a time with the bike FULLY warmed up. Ride for 30 mins minimum before you start playing with them because a cold bike will fool you.

Gretsch

Rocker
Thanks Sweat! I'll give that a try. I'll shim the bike when I get back from vacation too and see what that does for the power. Thanks again for all the help. I'm really learning a ton here.

Gretsch

Rocker
Changed up the jets to 130's and I can feel the low end power better than with the 127.5s. The middle and Top end still seem a bit lacking but I'm going to put a shim or two in to see what that does. I replaced the shit screws with the SS ones from New Bonneville when I was in there. These things are a must if you keep taking the carbs apart.

mikenva

Rocker
I wish they would pull that calculator off the net that and jenks are both bull shit.Its funny how if something gets put on the net people go by it .The guys that put those things might not know more then you do about what jet it takes.One of them guys even told a few of us as much lol.

mikenva

Rocker
Use the main to get the top end right ,after you do that then use the niddle to get the 1/4 to 3/4 throttle right.Alot of people go to big on the main it makes the bike feel better on take off but kills the top end.At wot top rpms you are running 100% on the main.at part throttle you are running a % of the main.What % of the main you get is by the niddle.Hope that makes since.Its very easy with the butt dyno to be to rich on the main when maybe you needed to be richer on the niddle or open the slide quicker.