Well I now have a real Triumph, HELP!!!

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Well I was running a bit late for work today so I didn't let saffron warm up before I jumped on the highway to get there and lo and behold I make it the 3 miles later I have a leak at the front right of the cam cover.:eeek: Could this just be from not letting it warm up and seal? What sucks is I planned my first real ride of the year tomorrow and bam this!:chair: Just need some suggestions tips and whatnot. Worse comes to worse I replace the gasket I suppose. :hung:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Got some RTV sealant and going to try that for now, still have to go drop some cash on a torque wrench. Any tips?

you can do the job without a torque wrench, just be careful not to overtighten the cam cover bolts. Take off the seat, tank, and then the cam cover. Don't drop anything into the motor!

cut the tip off the RTV applicator and run as thin of a bead as you can in the groove on the gasket (you'll see what I mean). Reinstall, torque down, and let it sit overnight to cure before you ride it. That should seal it up good.

Good luck.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Thanks man, yea well I think it was most likely that I didn't let the bike warm up at all before i blasted onto the highway to get to work, let it warm up properly on the way home and blasted home and a bit farther just to see if it would leak but seems that no leak is present. Going to ride tomorrow and find out I suppose. Too beautiful not too.