Veypor Digital Speedo and Tach

RGThruxon

Scooter
well since my speedo decided to take a permanent vacation I have been going back and forth between the Digital Veypor unit vs the stock speedo gear (that's what broke) they are both the same price and whe I ordered the factory unit it was on a worldwide backorder. So I cancelled the order and rode w/the bike the way it is for a while now logging at least 3K miles on it. So I decided after much thought to buy the unit for the bike. I'm thinking about removing the stock guages and use this to keep it the bars clean. I was wondering if anyone has any advise on the install of this unit and removing the stock guages and harnesses.

Thanks,

Randy

ggRAT

Street Tracker
The Veypor is a solid unit. I especially like the gear indicator, which is useful when wearing a full face helmet and earplugs. Being able to measure 0-60, 1/4 mile times, and HP/torque curves is another plus. Amazing little device.
http://www.veypor.com/

As for installation tips, I suggest ordering an $8 M8 magnetic bolt from TrailTech.
http://www.trailtech.net/B011-8.html
This bolt eliminates the need to use the glue on magnets and will work on either your front or rear wheel.

Good luck,
GREG

Attachments

• Option 1 - Sensor on Rear Wheel.jpg
    Option 1 - Sensor on Rear Wheel.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Option 2 - Sensor on Front Wheel.JPG
    Option 2 - Sensor on Front Wheel.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 0

localmotion411

Street Tracker
I put one on my bike for a while but replaced it with stock gauges again. No matter how much I liked the Veypor (and I really did -- still have it actually), there is no replacing analog gauges on a classic bike. The Veypor just didn't fit the bike visually.

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Aesthetically, I agree with "Local" about having analog gauges. However, I have a D9 Stem Nut Mount to which I have my Veypor mounted most of the time (see below). I can remove the Veypor and replace it with a GPS when it suits me. Something else to consider, Randy.

GREG

Attachments

• Veypor Mounted.JPG
    Veypor Mounted.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 0

applejack

Scooter
what happened to the stock speedo? I'm looking for a used speedo for a cheap quick and dirty fix, it doesn't even have to work. I want to pry the bezel off and install the guts from my speedo into it. the housing, glass and bezel are broken on mine.

RGThruxon

Scooter
the tab on the speedo gear broke. The gear is totally useless. the speedo itself works just fine. The Tach is also working just fine. I want to try this and see how I like it. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for all the input. Randy

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Randy, I Googled Images of "Veypor Dash" and found these. I think it will look fine, besides it's your bike, right!

IMG_1804.jpg

dash1.jpg

tl1%20_1_.JPG

RGThruxon

Scooter
your bike looks really nice. didn't see the Veypor mounted on it. oh well. When it comes I will install it and give a write up on it.

Thanks

Randy

RGThruxon

Scooter
I like that look. Now I'm looking forward to the delivery and getting it installed.

How do you like that paul smart sport 1000?

Randy

localmotion411

Street Tracker
I like that look. Now I'm looking forward to the delivery and getting it installed.

How do you like that paul smart sport 1000?

Randy

I actually sold the Duc late last year after getting married in order to help get my financial situation in order. I kept the Bonnie, which my wife can ride on with me. I loved the Ducati; it was an absolute beast and the purest rawest most powerful bike I've ever been on -- a bike that was extremely scary to ride and yet immensely satisfying all at the same time.

I hope to have another high-powered classic-styled bike at some point soon, when the economy recovers and I have more funds.