Time for a mini VACA!

Texas94fs

Hooligan
After working my ass off for the past couple months I decided it was time to take a mini vacation so I put in for a long weekend! Threw in a works performance front end spring kit this week with the help of sweatmachine, well, who's kidding who, he did most of the work, my scrawny ass couldn't break the preload adjustors loose! Anyway, soon as I'm done posting this the little lady and I are off taking the long way to Austin TX, then tomorrow some hill country riding, and then Sunday taking the long way back home. This will be the first time I've had more than 2 days in a row off in just about a year! Pics to come once I return. Y'all have a great weekend!:cool:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Wheee, that wasn't too bad. Good thing about a bike trip with a woman is you can't hear her complain. Untill you get off the bike that is. Bike rode and performed like a dream, no issues at all aside from not having an adjustor for the mixture, at that higher altitude i needed to drop it down a turn or so. or screw it in more whatever y'all know what I mean. Pics coming soon.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Here's a few, Saffron. ME almost dropping the damn thing on that hill, the little lady goofing off. And a few tasty brews.

Attachments

• DSC06529.jpg
    DSC06529.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC06528.jpg
    DSC06528.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC06526.jpg
    DSC06526.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC06534.jpg
    DSC06534.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC06536.jpg
    DSC06536.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 0

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Ha some might recognize this back drop. Couldn't help myself jeff, hope your photo aint copyrighted. The next is just after taking some humorous photos at Beaver Road.

Attachments

• DSC06558.jpg
    DSC06558.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC06540.jpg
    DSC06540.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 0

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Just a few pre trip shots, with cowl and without! I must say she is one purty mocheen.

Attachments

• DSC06524.jpg
    DSC06524.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC06525.jpg
    DSC06525.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC06520.jpg
    DSC06520.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC06521.jpg
    DSC06521.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC06522.jpg
    DSC06522.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 0
Wheee, that wasn't too bad. Good thing about a bike trip with a woman is you can't hear her complain. Untill you get off the bike that is. Bike rode and performed like a dream, no issues at all aside from not having an adjustor for the mixture, at that higher altitude i needed to drop it down a turn or so. or screw it in more whatever y'all know what I mean. Pics coming soon.

if by "higher altitude" you mean Austin vs Houston...you have got to be fuckin kidding me.

Ha some might recognize this back drop. Couldn't help myself jeff, hope your photo aint copyrighted. The next is just after taking some humorous photos at Beaver Road.

ha! here's mine:

easterride08025-1.jpg

Off Guadalupe near 26th street right? By Dirty Martin's.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Seriously, starting the bike was a bit more difficult and it didn't warm up near as quickly. Also smelled ridiculously rich and smoked a little bit. After it warmed up it was all bueno for the most part.

Texas94fs

Hooligan
The new front end is a leap and bound over the old shit. It's stupidly better. Feels much more planted, braking is more stable and actually hauls the bike down, even two up. The only downside is that you can really feel the rear suspensions shortcomings. Compared to with the stock junk.

Seriously, starting the bike was a bit more difficult and it didn't warm up near as quickly. Also smelled ridiculously rich and smoked a little bit. After it warmed up it was all bueno for the most part.

that doesn't make sense. If it was higher alt and was running rich, it should start easier and warm up faster.

Could be you're on the edge of rich already and it was a low pressure day. I bet the weather had more to do with it than altitude. Seriously man, Austin is like 550ft above sea level, Houston is at or around sea level. 550ft ain't shit.

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/library/ff_aust04.htm

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Low pressure does make more sense, it was mostly overcast the entire trip. When an engine has too much fuel it runs cooler though doesn't it? I've no clue, just took it longer than normal to warm up and the choke did nothing but bog it down. Wasn't cold weather either.

well, you shouldn't always need the choke when the bike is tuned right. The stock bikes need the choke becuase they're so friggin lean from the factory. I never use the choke on my mikunis, even on cold mornings.