SuperBrace install question

Photonboy

Scooter
Just got my new SuperBrace. The instructions say to "Remove any existing plastic fork guards". I can't for the life of my figure out how they come off. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

koifarm

Hooligan
you can do two things, take down the forks off the triple tree and pull the guards off thus preserving them for later use.....or...
Cut them off with a pair of dikes or side cutters....you can gently tap on the bottom with a broad punch and they will pop right off but you have to cut them if you don't take the forks apart....much easier to pop them up then cut them off...if you ever want to go back to stock, you should be able to get the replacements inexpensively.

klink

Two Stroke
May I ask where you got the brace and your cost. I'm interested and want cheapest I can get. Thanks

koifarm

Hooligan
Go here: http://superbrace.com/
If you would like to find a less expensive one, cruise Ebay and the classifieds in this website and any other triumph websites to find used ones for sale...
I rarely see used ones out there....but you can try....
BTW, welcome to the forum Photon....glad to have you aboard!

Bonniebret

Rocker
+1 one on what koifarm said. When I put gaiters on my bike I just just gave each of the stone guards a good rap from below with a block of wood and a hammer prior to taking the forks off the bike.

Photonboy

Scooter
May I ask where you got the brace and your cost. I'm interested and want cheapest I can get. Thanks

I paid $305. after tax, which is absurd when you figure it likely costs them a tiny fraction of that to manufacture them. But, being the dumbshit that I am, I paid it because of all the brands I looked at these matched the look of the bike best, a triumph (no pun intended) of aesthetics over intelligence. Eventually I'll get over the pain of paying so much, but if I had put a less expensive brace on that didn't look good it would bug me forever..

Last edited:

jhillier71

Street Tracker
I paid $305. after tax, which is absurd when you figure it likely costs them a tiny fraction of that to manufacture them. But, being the dumbshit that I am, I paid it because of all the brands I looked at these matched the look of the bike best, a triumph (no pun intended) of aesthetics over intelligence. Eventually I'll get over the pain of paying so much, but if I had put a less expensive brace on that didn't look good it would bug me forever..

Photonboy - Is the brace 1 piece or two, the pics on the website make it look like a 2 piece assembly. Any chance of a pic and your thoughts to the difference it makes when it's on? Every now and then i hit a bump on the highway that gives me pause for thought as the bike wobbles a bit too much for my liking. Thnx

Photonboy

Scooter
Photonboy - Is the brace 1 piece or two, the pics on the website make it look like a 2 piece assembly. Any chance of a pic and your thoughts to the difference it makes when it's on? Every now and then i hit a bump on the highway that gives me pause for thought as the bike wobbles a bit too much for my liking. Thnx

It's two pieces, super easy to install. Just tap upwards on the plastic protectors to pop them off the grooves they clamp on, then 4 allen bolts fix the brace onto the the same spot. You'll have to cut the existing plastic protectors off unless you want to disassemble the forks. They are simple, cheap plastic parts so don't worry about it. It's like a five minute process.

So far I've noticed a tighter feel on turns but since I haven't yet hit the twisty curves we have in the hills around here I can't really tell if it's just my imagination..

I don't think any pix I could post would enlighten any more than what's on the Superbrace site or scattered around these forums.

Peace.

C