Spark Plugs

What kind of Spark Plugs are the rest of you Scrambler guys using? I'm rolling up on 10,000 miles and it will be my first time changing motorcycle plugs. Any suggestions are welcome... I was guessing that NGK IX Iridium plugs look OK, but I would like your two cents.

OK, so it was a lame post! I just changed the plugs (for the first time) and it took no time at all - went with the original NGK plugs and dropped a whopping $5!

rmak

moped
Hey, don't be so hard on yourself, man! If someone gave me a set of iridium plugs as a gift I'd pop those babies in my bike in a heartbeat. But I've always used replacement plugs on my Bonnie and every other bike and machine. They work fine.

I read an article, I think on the rat site wiki archives, some time ago about slash cutting the side electrode to make a bigger surface and thereby a bigger spark. It was supposed to increase performance. Is that an old wive's tale or is there any truth to it I wonder?

That's called side gapping,and I think it's worth a shot.I've read that it really is helpful on classics that have a marginal ignition system.That trick has been around forever,but for some reason,I've never tried it.