Smokies next weekend?

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
I'll be riding up on Thurs the 11th and there through the weekend. Planning to do Chimney Rock one day, maybe Helen and Blood mtn another. If anyone's gonna be in the area let me know!

BTW, I'll be with 3 really slow cruiser riders, so take that into account before agreeing to meet up!:stupid2:

Bonafide

NBR founder
If you're gonna be in/around Blood Mtn on Sunday, drop me a PM - if the weather is clear - I'll ride up and meet ya'll for a planned lunch or rest stop. ;)

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
I'll be up fri, sat, sun hanging with the NTBF new bonneville contingent on the roads and in the camp grounds. We are not a hard group to spot. We'll all be hanging around the bike show Sat afternoon.

Bonafide

NBR founder
JCW - not sure you caught it, but he said startin on the 11th ... is there something going on for the weekend of 13-14th too?

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
Yea, the title was a little confusing. I mean "next weekend" not "this weekend"...so, anything happening?

Bonafide

NBR founder
This weekend is British In The Blue Ridge. I'm gonna miss it ... as we dont get back from vacation til late Saturday.

KingBear

Hooligan
Thruxiegirl, where on earth have you been young lady? You've got some 'splaining to do before you're allowed to go out on any rides!:poke:

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
I was thinking the same thing myself...Good to hear from you again tho. Saturday we're probably going to Chimney Rock if the weather's decent. Up for it? What do you think is the best, 178 or 276 to 64?
Also, we may go out to Gilligan's Island on Sunday FWIW.

thruxiegirl

TT Racer
I was thinking the same thing myself...Good to hear from you again tho. Saturday we're probably going to Chimney Rock if the weather's decent. Up for it? What do you think is the best, 178 or 276 to 64?
Also, we may go out to Gilligan's Island on Sunday FWIW.

All good roads, I'd take 178, watch out for the Leos.
Where is Gilligan's Island, which Lake?

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
It's on Hartwell, right on the state line south of 85. Sortof a local party spot. Apparenly if you stay out there long enough on weekends, someone usually brings a generator and DJ or karaoke...

Since the water's back up, why not?

mrt202

Street Tracker
I'm living on Hartwell off hwy24 near the double bridges. Give me a shout if you wanna meet for lunch or something. I have my son this weekend so i'm not sure if he will wanna go riding or fishing. I'd like to meet ya anyway since you're gonna be so close by. Email me at [email protected] :wave:

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
Just got back and saw this 202. Sorry I would have liked to meet up. I don't have any internet up there so I couldn't check my mail.

Anyway, had a great time, and think I set a new record. We did just under 1500 miles in 5 days, through 4 states, and NEVER GOT RAINED ON!!! We stopped 30 miles from home last night and put on our rainsuits, it was looking bad, but we skirted the edge of it, and just a few sprinkles. Damn hot, tho. I was showing 97 degrees yesterday after we crossed into florida, and that was at 75 MPH on the highway. Heard on my weather band that the heat index was 103, and the UV was 11. Seriously, I've only heard it go to 10, didn't know there was an 11.

I'll have to try to post up some pics in the next few days...

Thruxtonian

Street Tracker
BTW, two seperate red/black Bonnies at the bottom of Chimney Rock on Saturday around 4-5 PM. Didn't see one on the entire 1500 mile trip, then 2 in a town smaller than the average WalMart!!! Was it anyone from here?