Scrambler in the mountains

GuyM

Street Tracker
Up in the Cascades again yesterday with my wife who has pronounced the MCResources backrest the best thing I've added to my Triumph, other than her!

We got tooooo close to two bears, a big cinnamon colored bear ran across the road in front of us and a bigger blonde & brown colored bear was just off to the side of the road, licking his chops! We didn't linger for photos...

About 135 miles, 25 or so on dirt, and of course I had to try blasting through one snow-patch too many... Ah well... Enjoy the photos, I sure enjoy my Scrambler!

039.jpg

019-1.jpg

041.jpg

046.jpg

GuyM

Street Tracker
I dropped it solo. She's just asking "What were you thinking?" As often is the case, I wasn't.

Took me one good shove to right the bike, then pushed it the rest of the way through the snow bank. Took a clue, turned around and headed back down. We ALMOST made it to the top of the ridge... Ah well...

D9

Vendor
Good times, good report, good pics... and good thing you didn't drop it while those bears were chasing you :eek:

casper

Two Stroke
Keep on riding man! You're so lucky to have such amazing countryside where you live.

Just to encourage you, here is a Rickmann Metisse, bit expensive though, but fun (not mine!)

Casper

rickman08063004.jpg

GuyM

Street Tracker
Thanks guys! All that land is National Forest land, where one can roam free. Camp, hike, fish, hunt, ride the motorcycle... The northwest has an incredible amount of this public land.

Means I "need" a motorcycle that is at least competent on dirt & gravel roads! The Scrambler does just fine. Not so good with the snow however...