Scott Forsythe Memorial Ride

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Details are being ironed out as you read this.

It will be the last weekend in September (26th thru 28th), so pencil it in on your schedules if you plan to attend. Will more than likely be somewhere near Ashville NC. Scott was the driving force behind this rally last year and it's being done in his honor this year. Bruce and Doug are scouting locations. More to come. We have about 10-12 bonnie riders committed at his point.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
And I hope to have the TT special fully sorted and cranking well into the triple digits in RWHP fr this rally.

CIMG1622.jpg

mrt202

Street Tracker
I wanna go

I'm marking my calendar and hoping nothing gets in the way of my attending. Looking forward to it.:)

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Here are the cabins we are looking at for a place to stay. Stay tuned. Near Linville NC which is close to Boone/Blowing Rock NC

Cabin.jpg

Cabin1.jpg

Cabininside.jpg

bedroom.jpg

MattRat

TT Racer
I will be watching my beloved Trojans stomp the shit out of Virginia that weekend, but I will raise a glass in Scott's honor.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Ok we are officially here the weekend of Sept 25-28, 2008. Call the lodge and ask to speak to Wendy. Tell her your with the Triumph Bonneville group. Here is their website http://www.linvillefallslodge.com/index.html

She's a very nice lady who rides motorcycles as well and is looking forward to meeting our group - great restaurants nearby and of course Rt 181 - hell yea - known to most as the "stairway" very twisty stuff! I'm heading in on Thur. and a few others are too.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
So far we have at least 13 riders coming in - theses are all the usual suspects that Scott and I have been riding with for years.

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
About a month away now and it's shaping up into a nice ride. A least 20 planning on attending at this point. Several have made the journey into the area and stayed at the cabins/motel we are going to and reported great things. Good lodging, great food close by, and best of all the excellent twisty roads in the area.

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Count me IN!

It's about time I met some of you folks face-to-face. I'll be there. Great roads abound and a great cause. (I've already booked one of the rooms.)

Just down the road is "Jonas Ridge Outfitters." This is a gas/grill owned and operated by some Charlotte RATs. Tom "Motoman" Bridges is THE man in charge. www.jonasridgeoutfitters.com

acv.jpg

Last edited:

SCBonneville

Two Stroke
It's about time I met some of you folks face-to-face. I'll be there. Great roads abound and a great cause. (I've already booked one of the rooms.)

Just down the road is "Jonas Ridge Outfitters." This is a gas/grill owned and operated by some Charlotte RATs. Tom "Motoman" Bridges is THE man in charge. www.jonasridgeoutfitters.com

gg.... I don't know what day you're planning on coming up, but a good number/most of us will be arriving on Thursday the 25th... If your schedule allows, adjust your reservation and enjoy a full day of riding on Friday!

In fact, if you want to rendezvous with bentspoke and I Thurs. morning in Newberry you can ride up with us...

Tom

ggRAT

Street Tracker
SCbonneville said:
I don't know what day you're planning on coming up, but a good number/most of us will be arriving on Thursday the 25th... If your schedule allows, adjust your reservation and enjoy a full day of riding on Friday! In fact, if you want to rendezvous with bentspoke and I Thurs. morning in Newberry you can ride up with us...Tom

Tom "SCbonneville"
Thanks for the offer. If my wife wants to go, we'll truck the bike up on Thursday. If she decides to stay home, I may take you up on the Newberry rendezvous. I'll know in a few days which way I'm going. Regardless, I'll be there Thursday.

Is the event limited to Bonnevilles?
GREG

SCBonneville

Two Stroke
Tom "SCbonneville"
Thanks for the offer. If my wife wants to go, we'll truck the bike up on Thursday. If she decides to stay home, I may take you up on the Newberry rendezvous. I'll know in a few days which way I'm going. Regardless, I'll be there Thursday.

Is the event limited to Bonnevilles?
GREG

Greg, looking forward to finally getting together with you... No, you do not need a Bonnie to attend... Any bike will do... Even no bike! Folks that ride pillion or just want to "set a spell" and hang out are welcome!

Just give a holler when your travel plans finalize...

simpson

TT Racer
Hope you guys have a great time. My original plan was to get my bike and catch up with you all so I could meet some of the members...

Turned out I wound up with my son for the weekend and no bike (yet)

Hope to be a part of it next year.

-simpson

mrt202

Street Tracker
Unfortunately I will not be able to make it this time. I hope that you all have a safe and fun trip.