RAT 05 Sticker???

Twodogs

Street Tracker
I had a sticker on the head set of my Thruxton (05 model which I purchased in 2010) that was triangle in shape and had a white back ground and on it a picture of the Triumph "RAT" character, the number "05" and the words "Riders Association Triumph".

What does this sticker mean and was it placed on all Triumphs or just the 05 models, was there a significance with this year hence the number? I have seen a picture some where before of a Thruxton (Year unknown) with the same sticker in the same location (RHS).

I would show a picture but I have since removed the sticker to polish the head set and lost the sticker and so I am wondering if I am able to purchase another but would still like to know a bit about the sticker?

koifarm

Hooligan
I'd hazard a guess Twodogs, back some time ago there was an inmate here who was making custom stickers...it's possible it was made by him, but, often you'll find individuals can and will make custom stickers like that, there are no shortage of websites who can do that or almost any sign company can also make up a custom one....just a thought....

Tabletop

Scooter
Swag from Triumph

The sticker wasn't part of the bike.

In 05 Triumph sent out kits of swag to registered RAT members. The kit had a cloth arm patch, small metal pin and a white puffy sticker (the one you had on your bike) all in the same style: a helmet wearing rat sitting on top of a triangular badge with 05 in the center. The kit also included a gold color membership card.

The following year Triumph sent out baseball caps, but only to randomly drawn registered members. It was around this time they stopped sending out the printed magazine.

I liked the magazine and occassional free stuff, but certainly understand why it stopped.

Of course, if your sticker is lost, and your concerned about potential loss of your bike's value...I still have that sticker new in package, and as a collector's item, it's gotta be worth at least $100...:ride:

Twodogs

Street Tracker
The sticker wasn't part of the bike.

In 05 Triumph sent out kits of swag to registered RAT members. The kit had a cloth arm patch, small metal pin and a white puffy sticker (the one you had on your bike) all in the same style: a helmet wearing rat sitting on top of a triangular badge with 05 in the center. The kit also included a gold color membership card.

The following year Triumph sent out baseball caps, but only to randomly drawn registered members. It was around this time they stopped sending out the printed magazine.

I liked the magazine and occassional free stuff, but certainly understand why it stopped.

Of course, if your sticker is lost, and your concerned about potential loss of your bike's value...I still have that sticker new in package, and as a collector's item, it's gotta be worth at least $100...:ride:

Cheers for the info, Sounds like the one...mine had yellowed off a bit and did look slightly tacky on the bike. Are you able to post a pic with some side measurements and I will be able to get some copies done. I have had resin over print decal made before by a guy I know for certain model cars so this will be easy.. problem is I have to get 25 done. TD

Tabletop

Scooter
It's about 1 1/2 inches from top to bottom. Sorry, I had trouble removing the glare no matter how I tried the lighting.

Attachments

• 05 badge.jpg
    05 badge.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 0

dschief

750cc
I bought an entire 05 set from an English outfit on Ebay for about 12 bucks. Search there, probably can get a similar deal still.

bonniesda

Scooter
RAT was Triumphs answer to Harleys HOG you used to be able to pick there packs up free i/e sticker badge and patch at most UK motorcycle shows and now people try to flog them on E bay for silly money

Twodogs

Street Tracker
I bought an entire 05 set from an English outfit on Ebay for about 12 bucks. Search there, probably can get a similar deal still.

Hi dschief, do you have a link or something.....I tried a quick search (Triumph 05 rat pack) and didn't find anything..Cheers TD

Twodogs

Street Tracker
I won it!!!, now to see if I can get an 06 pack, what did they even look like?? There were some 07 09 stickers/patches but no 06 packs...did they even do an 06 pack??