Rainy day projects

strokerlmt

So with the new lift time to..........
take off the pipes, seat and tank.....
pull off the, chain guard, sprocket cover, rear wheel.....
change the chain and sprockets....
Put on the Speigler rear break line and throttle cables.....
I have stainless headers and I want to get the shop in SLO to bend the left pipe around and thru then cut and weld and attach to oNE dominator to have my own 2 to 1 system....
Pics coming.........
LMT

strokerlmt

Bike getting undressed.........
Sweatmachines rectifier relocate.......
Horn relocate........
Stripped of ????/ feet of wire......

More later.....

LMT

Attachments

• IMG_0760.jpg
    IMG_0760.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0761.jpg
    IMG_0761.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0762.jpg
    IMG_0762.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0763.jpg
    IMG_0763.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 0

strokerlmt

Just ordered a 6 POT beringer for the front from Carlos......
BTW......anyone who knows Carlos ...give him a call....he hasn't been feeling well lately.....give him some support.....
LMT

strokerlmt

Ok.....chain sprockets clean....replaced rear brake line with a new SPEIGLER braided line....
Working on replacing the throttle cables with new SPEIGLERS.....
I have the muffler/weld/shop working on a new header design.....soon come.
More later.....
LMT

strokerlmt

opps....here are some pics
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_4917.jpg
    IMG_4917.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4918.jpg
    IMG_4918.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4919.jpg
    IMG_4919.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0

rodburner

Rocker
What coolers?:D
Picture156.jpg

strokerlmt

Ya...ya....I know about this mod..(very cool)...but didn't you have two coolers running up down the frame at one point ??????
LMT

rodburner

Rocker
I had a single aluminum cooler on there before.It was just a piece of billet with a hole drilled through it and fins cut into it.It cooled the oil some,I`m sure,and my bike didn`t run any different.If you made 2,and could get some capacity in them,cool.More room for headers,BUT ,more airflow blocked from the cylinders...
Dadsbikepics1385.jpg

strokerlmt

SWEET Jesusssssssssss why didn't you all tell me in advance about throttle cables. It took me 1 1/2 hours to realize....just pull the grip off the fffing handle bars.
Poringggg rainnnn here
TANK, SEAT, CHAIN GUARD, SIDE PANELS, FILTERS, SKID PLATE, HEADERS, DOMINATORS, SPROCKET GUARD, ALL OFF.........
While I was cleaning the chain and sprokets I kept thinking about the dude that took his finger tips off. Hell I was just rotating the bac wheel by hand and got a couple of good cuts. Chain clean and tightened.
Took the time to clean off all the road scum on the bac end.
Calipers removed...cleaned bac on.....
New SPIEGLER brake lines bac and front......
Cleaned the engine.......
Put on the new SPIEGLER throt cables. Nice.....it is amazing how brittle the stock ones are.
I keep looking at the RICORS and wonder IF I want to take that on....
6 POT Beringer for the front coming from Carlos.......
I'm working with PVC and a heat torch designing a new header....I have a lot of respect for tube benders and header fabricators now......
There isn't much room for headers with the stock oil cooler though.....
OH.....the carbs come off very easily.........
More later...
LMT

rodburner

Rocker
Stroker,ONE BIG THING to take into account with building a 2into1 or sweeping both pipes out one side of the bike.IF you use the stock,fixed exhaust flanges welded to your new pipes,remember that the new assembly has to be able to come straight forward almost an inch to clear the exhaust studs.You can build a sweet,curvy header system,only to find out you have to CUT IT OFF to remove it,after you weld it to the collector.:loser::mad2::lol3:
Dadsbikepics1139-1.jpg

Also,throw those stock nuts in the garbage.They clench up in the middle of the studs going on or off.You will have to test fit you stuff over and over when you start building.I`m using plain old 12mm nuts and lock washers from my old 74 Honda 450 parts bike.They have been on and off HUNDREDS of times and have never been a problem.

Last edited:

strokerlmt

Rodburner.....what I looking at is remove stock oil cooler.....put on the GATELY. I have a pr of stainless headers with no cross over. Use the rt header......then curve the lt header over to the rt side...wrap around and then follow the rt header tacking them together. Then I'm going to weld my dominators together.......TWO to TWO on the rt side. The Dom's will pull off and I don't see an issue getting the headers off if I leave an inch between frame and lt header.....what do you think ????????

I get straight thru....1.5 inch pipes to my Dom's....seems like the exhaust pressure should be the same as what I have now.

LMT