Procom CDI for America/Speedmaster

Dave

Street Tracker
got an email today, the long wait is over!

Triumph.jpg

Our fully reprogrammable CDI for Triumph America and Speedmaster is available now. Please see the attached picture and application chart (PDF). It come with our software CD and programmable extension cable. The unit price is $198.00 plus $9.00 shipping for buyers in USA. If you are interested to purchase one, please contact us ASAP as we only produced a small batch.

Regards!

Wesley Zhou
[email protected]
http://www.procomeng.com

This CDI unit is not just for Americas and Speedmasters, it also works on the 360 degree twins (Bonnie & Thux) and the 270 degree Scamblers. The blue wheel seen in the above photos has nine positions:-

Position 1-For stock CDI P/N T1290041
Position 2-For stock CDI P/N T1292365
Position 3-For stock CDI P/N T1292950
Position 4-For stock CDI P/N T1291100
Position 5-For stock CDI P/N T1291150
Position 6-For stock CDI P/N T1292370
Position 7-For stock CDI P/N T1292060
Position 8,9,0-factory port, no application

You set the wheel to the position that matches the part # of your original CDI unit and you're good to go.

The question is - how good is the quality of these units considering the reputation the original Procom Bonnie units have?

+1 I've been running mine on & off for the last 5,000Klm's or so on a T100. In stock trim "out of the box" a performance increase is noticeable.

Programming is easy using the ProCom software and maps down-loadable from the ProCom site - takes literally seconds to upload a new map to the unit.

I've only tried one of the modified maps on my fairly stock T100 but it transformed the bike once again compared to the ProCom unit "out of the box".

I've not played with customization of the maps, don't consider myself knowledgeable enough, but it appears to be dead easy to do in the proCom software.

Although the durability question remains as yet unanswered I would give this product 10 out of 10 for ease of use & bang for buck.