Only the positive for me

strokerlmt

In 2003 I purchased my T100 from Kari Prager in the bay area. Site unseen he trailered the bike to Cambria CA for me. The moment I fired up the blue and white I knew the bike was for me. For over a decade my bike has made numerous transformations. It has been loads of fun, great stress relief, a wonderful learning experience and resulted in some great riding adventures. Along the way I have met or been in contact with hundreds of Triumph riders, amateur and professional mechanics, dealers and probably every after market parts and accessory manufacturer out there. I have procured parts and services from anyone and everyone and so far everyone has been nothing but positive and helpful to me. I stay away from all bike politics, bullshit and negatives.
"Its all positive and all good for me".
LMT

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
Good advise Lach especially in regards to bike politics, bullshit and negatives. Keep turning that wrench and roll those wheels once in a while! It's amazing how those two things can clear the mind.

Cereal KLR

Two Stroke
Unfortunately Kari passed in 2010, but I also remember him as a good man and an accomplished poet as well. I was down at his old dealership last week looking at a used GS and it brought back memories for sure.

In the Pines

by Kari Prager

The trees are always green here.
My glance dances from branch to branch.
Sunlights broken shards lay a mosaic
on forest floor. I came here to be alone
but I am not. The understory
rumbles with the munching of beetles,
the millipedes tiny feet prance
over pine needles slowly turning
to mulch, smelling of tomorrow.
Deeper, earthworms tunnel blindly
through the podsol, turning the
earth with earnest diligence,

This place is a comfort. I lean against
the scratchy trunk of a lodgepole pine.
The melancholy that brought me here
sloughs off, nibbled away by busy
legions of ants, trudging back with
countless morsels for their queen.
I don,t fear death here. If it
came to me, strangely comforting,
no regret would outlast it. I can play
with such musings while I know
for now the pulse of blood is strong.

Perhaps will come a time when,
undiscovered, I,d be but a bag
of skin covering whitening bones
that once held me up against the pull
of the earth. I can,t say why,
but it comforts me that the forest
would turn me into something
written in a language scratched by
foraging partridges under the deadfall.

Nothing can harm me once
this beautiful life joins something
common to every creature in this place.

monty

Street Tracker
In 2003 I purchased my T100 from Kari Prager in the bay area. Site unseen he trailered the bike to Cambria CA for me. The moment I fired up the blue and white I knew the bike was for me. For over a decade my bike has made numerous transformations. It has been loads of fun, great stress relief, a wonderful learning experience and resulted in some great riding adventures. Along the way I have met or been in contact with hundreds of Triumph riders, amateur and professional mechanics, dealers and probably every after market parts and accessory manufacturer out there. I have procured parts and services from anyone and everyone and so far everyone has been nothing but positive and helpful to me. I stay away from all bike politics, bullshit and negatives.
"Its all positive and all good for me".
LMT

I can only echo your sentiments here. For the first time in years, I have just the one bike and I am more than happy with the choice I made in 2001.
As a result I have met loads of decent people and had some great times along the way. Yep, there has been some bad stuff as well but throughout if all, I have had the Bonnie.

These two images from Ogri, a legendary British cartoon strip; sums it up...........

Attachments

• DSC00758.jpg
    DSC00758.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 0
  • ogri.jpg
    ogri.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 0

strokerlmt

Monty……love the cartoon strips…..I grew up in a British Crown Colony and I love the far side Brit humor. I happen to know some great wrenchers and builders who have taken some un called for shit from the fringe. Probably why I enjoy NBR so and stay out of the debates on other sites ;-))))
LMT

PS….this thread started me thinking about the great rides and conversations I had with Kari. We had some similar things in our lives and I miss his perspective.

Last edited:

D9

Vendor
Monty, knocked out by the Ogri 'toons... went googling around,
found all kinds of stuff... good find

monty

Street Tracker
Glad to be of service. Ogri raised more than a few smiles in my younger days........and still does......Had a mate who looked just like him and led a similar lifestyle. He had a Laverda Jota as opposed to Ogri's Norvin. ..

Monty

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I can only echo your sentiments here. For the first time in years, I have just the one bike and I am more than happy with the choice I made in 2001.
As a result I have met loads of decent people and had some great times along the way. Yep, there has been some bad stuff as well but throughout if all, I have had the Bonnie.

These two images from Ogri, a legendary British cartoon strip; sums it up...........

Monty,

I not only concur with above mentioned but I support too! :D

monty

Street Tracker
Very nice young man.

Ogri summed up a particular time of biking here in Britain. I was a despatch rider going all over the UK from 1989 until 1991. Before that I worked in a bike shop as a spares man.

Great times. 1000 to 2000 miles a week with some great parties in between. Was nothing to rush back from a job straight to the pub to meet up with mates working for all sorts of despatch companies.

Monty

B06Tang

Cafe Racer
I always liked Ogri and would hunt around for shirts when in Blighty at the bike shows. I forget the cartoonists name but it remind me a little bit of the Keep on Truckin' style of how it was drawn...very cool

Cereal KLR

Two Stroke
Well the positive part is they caught two of them...From the Cal Moto Facebook page Memorial Day.

"Dear Friends and Patrons,

Unfortunately our Mountain View store was burglarized last night by professionals who rappelled in and out of the store via a skylight thus evading our alarms.

We estimate it to be a $50,000 plus loss made up of large amounts of BMW and Triumph riders apparel, T-shirts, hats, sunglasses, watches and other valuable small items. The also took many of the shop tools, most of which have been recovered.

The Police have 2 people in custody and have issued search warrants. It appears that 2-3 others are at large.

If you see or hear of any merchandise being fenced that fits our description of what was stolen, please let us know so we can pass along the info to the Police.

Have a safe and happy Memorial Day!"