New Thruxton in the mix

Bonniebret

Rocker
There's a new Triumph in the stable. My girlfriend bought this '05 Thruxton last Thursday. 25k on the clock and a pretty solid runner. I know because I took it out for a short test ride.:eeek:

We gave it a good tune up this weekend and it really moves. Next on the list is tires and brakes then it will under go the usual mods (NARK, exhaust, etc.). The fairing is coming off too so if anybody wants it it's $75USD shipped to the lower 48.

dsc01540m.jpg

dsc01541f.jpg

dsc01542o.jpg

simpson

TT Racer
Great pickup!

Glad you got back on for a ride, even if it was a test ride.

also, thank you for removing that cowl!

-simpson

Skeeter

Rocker
congrats robin!!! so does that mean you rode the bike for the first time since the accident and you can move your foot?

tezza

Street Tracker
nice bike Brett,lucky girl she is,think you might be stuck with the fairing though lol.good to see you riding again if only for a short ride, cheers Tezza

Bonniebret

Rocker
Thanks, guys. I'm glad we're all in agreement on the fairing. The message has been forwarded.

congrats robin!!! so does that mean you rode the bike for the first time since the accident and you can move your foot?

It's "Nancy" LOL. You're gonna get me in trouble.

Yes, that test ride was my first time out since the accident. Just a quick trip up the quarter mile and took it up to 70mph. I still don't have full range of motion in my foot but I think that since the bike has rearsets that made it easier. I've taken it for a couple of short trips around the parking lot since then but I don't wanna push it. Surprisingly the most difficult thing for me to do is put down the kickstand. It's just a strange angle to bend my foot and exert that much force.

Skeeter

Rocker
sheet, io knew her name was nancy, why in hell did i write robin? so sorry
thats good to hear youve gotten to ride a quick bit. im sure it feels good to get out.