New Bonneville Eliminator

Leedsharlequin

Two Stroke
Not a totally unique mod, but the beginning mod nonetheless. Christmas is coming:)
Bday08005.jpg
Bday08007.jpg
Bday08008.jpg

Bonafide

NBR founder
boy ... you're in trouble now. that will be just the beginning of the mods. :)

Love that B&W paint scheme. If one of those had been sitting on the showroom when I walked in .. it would be parked in my garage right now.

rodburner

Rocker
Notice the Peavey in the background? This guy is nuthin' but trouble! :rocks:

I agree. Amps,a big rack of components,flat panel monitors,all spell trouble.Then he says he lives on a mountain in Florida.Is" Mt.Dora" one of those big overpasses on the intercoastal waterway by Daytona?:lol:
Once the mods start,its all over.

rodburner

Rocker
Lightning sux. My mom-in-law had grounding cables all over and around her house in The Villages. She spent more on that heavy ass wire rope than on all her POS publishers clearing house electronics combined.I still got a kick out of it. 3 giant dishes, only watches one channel.:wave:

brass

Two Stroke
Lightning sux. My mom-in-law had grounding cables all over and around her house in The Villages. She spent more on that heavy ass wire rope than on all her POS publishers clearing house electronics combined.I still got a kick out of it. 3 giant dishes, only watches one channel.:wave:
The Villages! Infamous for two reasons;
a) "The friendliest place in Florida.:wave:
and
b) highest V.D. rate in Florida!:(
Go figure!

slowgator

750cc
Grit Lit Subject Matter

^Isn't the villages a retirement community:eeek: That's a disturbing image

Yes it is and exactly my thoughts. Anyone ever read "Celebration" by Harry Crews? Good stuff. About a retirement mobile home community in Florida where retirees "park and wait to die".

rodburner

Rocker
Yep,its a bigass retirement town.The wife and I never felt quite so close to death as we did for that week. It was a pretty nice place though. All the golf carts and leaky oxygen cylinders kept the air fresh. BOTH of the Walmarts had greeters that were decades younger than any of the shoppers.That was a refreshing change of pace. I asked the M-i-L about the VD and she laughed.She wasn`t sure how that happened,since the whole damn town goes "lights out" at 9PM,right after Lawrence Welk,but kinda alluded to LatinAmerican gigolo`s preying on rich,widowed women. The streets are clean and wide,but every fuckin intersection is a 2 lane,4 way roundabout that I NEVER SAW ONCE,negotiated in any way but a straight line shot,regardless of signage or traffic.My few remaining hairs are grayer for the ordeal. I might go back there,someday.:w:lol3:

slowgator

750cc
Too Much Celebration

Celebration By Harry Crews

Now from the author theWashington Post Book Worldcalls "the dark chronicler of human vanity and folly" comesCelebration.The newest black comedy from Harry Crews is a biting, brilliant commentary set in a Florida rest-home gulag where the over-sixty-five set checks its dignity, self-esteem, and social security numbers at the door.Forever and Forever is the aptly named retreat, populated by a motley crew of forgotten wives and ruined men who are waiting for death while working on their tans. The leader of this group is Stump, whose lost arm paid for Forever and Forever, and who believes the silent desperation that infuses the trailer park masks the fact that Forever and Forever is truly a small piece of hell on earth.This ironic silence is shattered by the entrance of a beautiful young bombshell. Too Much is her name, and that is exactly what she is. This walking bonfire awakens long dead appetites in the inhabitants of Forever and Forever, reminding them of what they once were and can be again --alive.:hurt:

Leedsharlequin

Two Stroke
Got new Dominator Sport cans installed Christmas day, but family obligations prevented a test ride till Boxing day . Holy shit these things are loud, but the performance improvement is definitely worth it, I haven't installed the cone filters and removed the airbox yet, but hell what a riot, I also put the superbar on Christmas day, what a transformation , ya gotta work it to turn in, and she wallows a bit when down but shit I was giggling all afternoon, what a friggin hoot, there may be a little chicken strip on speedy but there aint none here. $110 bucks for some firmer springs and look out.:C
Christmas08015.jpg

Christmas08013.jpg

This ones from yesterdays ride to Ozello
551e47d4.jpg

Bigted

Two Stroke
Sorry...I like the OEM version better..retro brit...thats why I chose the Bonnie (very nice bike though, always thought the black and white was the sharpest).
Ted