Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Rims

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Headwork

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Okay so I'm heavily debating what my next mod will be to Saffron. I shouldn't be spending any money but after my recent oh so lovely experiences I need some cheering up. I'm leaning towards several things. paint, suspension, carbs, rims, headwork.

The paint I'm leaning towards is a BMW color, their grey that is metallic and slightly pearlescent, with a slightly off center to the left yellow stripe that matches the original color. and on the sidecovers the thruxton painted in yellow. OR the caspian blue with the aforementioned yellow touches

The suspension would be if i can snag them, those tricky resivoir racetech rear shocks. IF not ohlins. and racetech front end

Carbs would be mik 42s (im not sure if this would be too much before a big bore kit)

Rims would be carrozerias if i could find a cheaper set or excel

and as for headwork I'm in the dark but I'd want it opened up a bit. . .

:shh: My suggestion would be to get the thing to handle properly first. That way when you do go for the fast stuff (Alla carbs and pipes and cams and stuff) then it will be able to take it without too much drama. The last thing you want is a rocket that has to be pointed in the right direction before you light the touch paper....

Just my thoughts...

Cheers man,

Bret....:wave:

Texas94fs

Hooligan
Well its certainly shaping up to be suspension first, that was my line of thinking as well. I just hope i can get those fancy racetech rears. . .hopefully not in red as I've seen them. Gotta be able to stop and turn before you can go much faster. . .and I can wait to do the carbs and headwork at the same time, something funds aren't permitting just yet unfortunately. Of course I may still find something else I prefer to do first.

L Train

Scooter
Texas, from the list you have there I'd go with suspension. That's my next big item when I save enough scratch. The next small item for me has got to be brake light and indicators. The more I stare at that brake light all I can think about is ET. Its time for ET to go home.

Cheers