My modernized Bonnie Black cafe racer!

localmotion411

Street Tracker
After a long list of mods, some of which include Ohlins shocks, LSL rearsets, Arrow 2 into 2 exhaust, clipons w/ lowered headlight, Rizoma mirrors, and Veypor digital gauge, I am close to finishing this thing. No matter how much I wanted to like the look of no rear fender, I had to put it back on; looks too good with it. Now I need a Lucas taillight and to mount my rear signals. I'm very happy with it though, and the riding position is killer.

I also need a new top triple clamp that is cleaner looking and a revised mounting solution for the Veypor gauge to get it lower and flatter.

Any thoughts, opinions, and/or suggestions are appreciated!

DSC01283.jpg

Last edited:

BonnFire63

Scooter
Hey-it's a Thruxville!
Nice work. I just had my 06' Bonne Blk delivered today & will be doing some cafe mods myself...

Carnation

Street Tracker
the photo is too dark for me to see it properly, but what I can see looks good. Which LSL clipons are those?

ThruxTonUp

TT Racer
Keep the long fenders if you like, here is Drews ride with long fenders and my Black and Red. I like the long fenders too. More of a classic look.

CIMG1595.jpg

CIMG1306.jpg

Off course NO rear fender is very HOT too. With long front fender, as GF's ride demonstrates.

CIMG2127.jpg

D9

Vendor
Looks good, how about a couple of better pics...? Front, side, etc...
I'm interested in seeing the Veypor gauge setup, of course... :D

localmotion411

Street Tracker
I had the fender off but it just didn't look very balanced to me. Looked like the typical cafe bike but almost as if something was missing. I may or may not bob the fender, depending on how it looks with the Lucas taillight installed.

The LSL clipons are the offset match set from Spiegler: http://www.spieglerusa.com/cfm/clipon.cfm?type=offset

Seth, I'm sorry it's taken me so long to get back on my front end project and order a bracket from you, but I've been wanting to install the digital dash in favor of the stock analog gauges and have finally done it. My ultimate goal is to clean up the dash even further, the pinnacle of which would be to have a custom D9 bracket for the Veypor to mount to a new, black-anodized and cleaned-up triple clamp. Or a full D9 top triple clamp and Veypor mount in one!

Here are some more pics, including a few with the fender eliminated. Please excuse my garage; we just moved in.

DSC01278.jpg

DSC01279.jpg

DSC01281.jpg

DSC01282.jpg

DSC01276.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

ggRAT

Street Tracker
Local,

VEYPOR: I've got the Veypor VR2 on my bike, too, but with the billet case. It is a lot of fun. Initially I thought I'd use it only occassionally, which is why I mounted it using one of Seth's (D9) stem nut balls. However, I've come to really like knowing what gear I'm in (w/earplugs) and the time of day (w/o a watch) so it's on the bike most of the time.

REAR FENDER: My rear fender is a compromise, since it is slightly bobbed.

Whatever pleases your eye, is always the correct choice!

GREG

Attachments

• Veypor Mounted.JPG
    Veypor Mounted.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Pic2-.jpg
    Pic2-.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 0

localmotion411

Street Tracker
Local,

VEYPOR: I've got the Veypor VR2 on my bike, too, but with the billet case. It is a lot of fun. Initially I thought I'd use it only occassionally, which is why I mounted it using one of Seth's (D9) stem nut balls. However, I've come to really like knowing what gear I'm in (w/earplugs) and the time of day (w/o a watch) so it's on the bike most of the time.

REAR FENDER: My rear fender is a compromise, since it is slightly bobbed.

Whatever pleases your eye, is always the correct choice!

GREG

Looks great, Greg!

I have no problem with knowing what gear I'm in with earplugs in due to the Arrows with baffles removed...

... but it sure is nice not having to guess, ever. I'm loving the simplicity and immediate information from the Veypor; I don't have to look at it as long as I do the analog gauges. Only problem I'm having now is that I have no idiot lights, but they aren't completely necessary and I'm digging the minimalistic look.

My Veypor is in the billet case, which I sprayed black with industrial-strength enamel from a rattle can.

DIRK

750cc
so ya just moved in yaright. it sounds good anyway hahahaaaa. the dash mod's sound yummy. if you like the fender you might just bob a wee bit after the lucas. what about a slicer for the front?

localmotion411

Street Tracker
so ya just moved in yaright. it sounds good anyway hahahaaaa. the dash mod's sound yummy. if you like the fender you might just bob a wee bit after the lucas. what about a slicer for the front?

I'll probably look for a Thruxton fender to put on, in case I don't like it short.

My front fender is already bobbed pretty short.

D9

Vendor
Doing a top yoke that integrated the Veypor unit...
yeah, I'm diggin' that idea!

Alternatively, modifying a stock top
yoke could also be very cool....

hmmmm... fun to just mull over the possibilities!

localmotion411

Street Tracker
Doing a top yoke that integrated the Veypor unit...
yeah, I'm diggin' that idea!

Alternatively, modifying a stock top
yoke could also be very cool....

hmmmm... fun to just mull over the possibilities!

I'd love to send you the Veypor and the top clamp and see what you could come up with. There is a lot of space between the bottom of the Veypor in its current location and the top of the headlight (room for improvement).

sportyone

Street Tracker
Looks great, Greg!

I have no problem with knowing what gear I'm in with earplugs in due to the Arrows with baffles removed...

... but it sure is nice not having to guess, ever. I'm loving the simplicity and immediate information from the Veypor; I don't have to look at it as long as I do the analog gauges. Only problem I'm having now is that I have no idiot lights, but they aren't completely necessary and I'm digging the minimalistic look.

My Veypor is in the billet case, which I sprayed black with industrial-strength enamel from a rattle can.

WOW, nice bike, :) not sure about the sound though ? too gutteral for me, better to be more hollow and rounded sound with the baffles in, JIMO