Mounting Vibration Free Napoleon’s on Stock Handle Bars - Clear Cut Directions!

Hedge

American Infidel
Mounting Napoleon’s on Stock Handle Bars

I took the Naps down to the hardware store with my tools and took off the stock end caps to see inside the stock handlebars and saw that it is just a threaded input about a 1/2 inch in. After fumbling back and forth between the parking lot and the Nuts and bolts section of my local hardware store for about 2 hours I finally came up with exactly what I needed to make them work on the stock bars.

Two - 10-32x2" Socket Cap Screws in Black
Two - 3/16th Flat Washers
Two - #10 Split Washers
Two - 3/8th ID 7/8th OD Flat Rubber Washer in Black

I went right to work with the razor blade and cut down the Nap Rubber insert roughly in half. Don't join the DumbAss club and cut it the wrong way - you want to use the side with the notched insert. I cut that to fit flush to the end of the bar and was able to also squeeze in the little rubber sleeve that wraps around the insert after I cut that to the same size as the insert. I stretched the Black Flat Rubber Washer over the stem that slides into the handlebars to help with vibration. It fits snugly so I thought it was a good idea to help with vibration and it turns out that it did! I slid the Flat Washer and then the Split Lock Washer on the Black Socket Cap Screws and pushed them through and hand tightened it into the original handlebar thread. When it got tight enough to let go I got out my metric Allen wrench and finished the job.

You can adjust them in any position that makes sense to you. I thought they looked cool flipped down and they do but the vision is not so good so I flipped them back up and I can see everything behind me now.