LED Idiot lights

Mista Vern

Scooter
Thanks for the post.

Once, on a rainy winter's night during the dark of the moon whilst taking a break in a soot covered tunnel I could almost see the stock dashpot lights lights. :D

JoeRockHead

Scooter
I replaced the indicator bulbs with LEDs for about $10 American. What else did you get with the Jenks package? I sprang for a high priced set of Jenks seat bolts which I really like, but that seems like a lot of coin for LEDs.

DavidC

Rocker
Them there LED's look, well, luminous. Yeah, it is a pain trying to see the stock lights in daylight.

DavidC

Rocker
Hi Joe, all you get is the 4 LED's and some nice instructions!
Like I said, I'm not good with electrics and read a few posts on the 'other' site that mentioned needing ,non-polarised LED for the indicators as the current flows both ways, otherwise you need a diode. Other posts mentioned grinding down LED's to fit the holders.
So it was a case of bite the bullet and shell out nearly 50 quid!:eek:

How much is a quid?

JoeRockHead

Scooter
Hi Joe, all you get is the 4 LED's and some nice instructions!
Like I said, I'm not good with electrics and read a few posts on the 'other' site that mentioned needing ,non-polarised LED for the indicators as the current flows both ways, otherwise you need a diode. Other posts mentioned grinding down LED's to fit the holders.
So it was a case of bite the bullet and shell out nearly 50 quid!:eek:

Now that you mention it I did have to take a sharp knife to the base of the six diode unit that replaced the turn indicator bulb. That thing is so freakin bright that it lights up the inside of my helmet at night. It is also highly visible in the daytime.

rsopp

Scooter
Marty,
I guess I'm behind the times. I can't seem to find the correct bulbs to replace my warning lights. T100.
Do you have part numbers for lights?
Thanks
Bob