Kansas City ride May 30th??

Delbert

Two Stroke
Ok Brothers, what you say we try to meet up and have a ride this Saturday. Don't know where everybody's located in KC, so what if we meet in Belton at the Home Depot on Hwy58 just West of Hwy71. Or we could meet up at Gail's Harley shop on Hwy71 and Hwy150 which is in Grandview. Only problem is Hwy is blocked off from South Hwy71 due to road construction, but there is detours for this. Anyway give a couple suggestions as to destination to meet up. I don't know too many places as I've only lived here for 3 yrs and still getting used to old landmarks and areas I USED to know when I was growing up here back in the early 70's and a lot has changed. I think a meeting around 9 or 10 is good, to get acquainted and see other's bikes and then go for a nice jaunt around area, then have some lunch and ride again.
Del

wolfie

Two Stroke
Sorry Del, didn't see this till today. I'm all doped up on vicodin due to an unfortunate garage door, finger smashing, incident, so I'm not good to ride anyway.

Delbert

Two Stroke
Get well Wolfie we'll ride another day. A lot of people don't realize how heavy a garage door is. The old wooden ones are upwards of 175lbs and even the new thin metal ones are around 100lbs. Those counter springs take-up a lot of weight to make the door open with ease.
Del

wolfie

Two Stroke
Yup. I was attempting to replace a bad pulley. I released the spring tension, shut the door, and it got away from me. My idiot reflexes said "Catch it!". So I managed to wedge two fingers of my left hand between the panels on the way down, peeling the skin on my pinky, chopping about 1/3" off the ring finger, and breaking both. All this happened in less than a second. :eeek:

What's worse is I even had previous experience working on this door. I knew how heavy it was before I started.

I'm getting lots of practice typing one handed, and laying on the couch.

BillTheCat

Scooter
Just a heads up......Vintage Motorcycle show:rockon:

18th annual Vintage Motorcycle show BE THERE BE THERE!!!
Sun June 7th. Down Town Kansas City old municipal Air Port Hanger 9
put on by H.o.A.M.E. Heart Of America Motorcycle Enthusiasts
$5.00 Admission $10 to put a bike in the show All models welcome.
10am. to 4pm. rain or shine. 8am to put a bike in.