It was free not crossing over

strokerlmt

Our local AAA tow guy, really nice gent, ended up with a Vstrom in his yard. I got for 0 to get out of his shop. I have title. Running Vstrom 650. I have taken off the 2 bent folks, totaled rim, tire, rotors and radiator. All the plastic is off and good. So with some ebay and Pinwalls I have a dual sport runner for sale cheap and will re fill the "Bonneville mod fund"
LMT
PS....it ain't no simple Bonne. Shit there are tubes, little boxes, wires , pipes just little shit everywhere on this bike.

Attachments

• IMG_0255.jpg
    IMG_0255.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0254.jpg
    IMG_0254.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 0

strokerlmt

Hey there.....more pics soon.....I have everything coming but I cannot find a front fender for a 2004 DL650 Vstrom anywhere. I really want a used because I am painting all the plastic and new is UGH $140-150 bucks. If anyone knows one someone somewhere I would appreciate a note from you.
Best
LMT

strokerlmt

You all should really appreciate the simplicity and incredible well constructed British Triumph motorcycles. My Bonneville is fast, nibble, and well under 400 lbs wet. This Vstrom is so friggin complex. The wire harness goes every which way. Water cooling oil cooling complex plastic molded bits. And it weighs over twice what my Bonne weighs ;-))) more soon.....
LMT

Attachments

• IMG_4403.jpg
    IMG_4403.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 0

Flaco

750cc
My Bonneville is fast, nibble, and well under 400 lbs wet.
Damn!
I can only go on the "stock bonnie' weight to start with (before my chop, cut grind and weld mod's.) I can't "wait" to "weigh" the final project!
Under 400 lbs wet! Cool! You did good!
Now w/ your HP and my skinny body we just might be neck and neck!
No way a 73 RWHP bike will chase you even w/ a 150 lb soaking wet rider!

Carry on mate...

Oh yeah, I'll check my resources for your front fender also...

strokerlmt

This has been a fun project. The Vstrom is coming back together. Some STAND OUT points this machine is fucking complicated and PARTS are stupid expensive. I know Tri parts are expensive .....but shit 49.00 for a bulb , plug and a pig tail for a 2004 vstrom is stupid......I need to figure out how to do an aftermarket generic bits and pieces warehouse......the big guys want extra extra money on parts sales after the bike is sold and it sucks.......
Whats new I know....just a rant
LMT