ISO grips with Triumph Napolean bar ends

zmilin

Street Tracker
I searched and searched and everything I found (here and elsewhere) said it couldn't be done. HA! Bull shit!
I spent about a half hour looking and measuring and got an idea. All that was needed was the right spacer. It needed to fit in the OEM bar (that plug is needed for these mirrors) and it needed to fit through the hole in the end of the ISO's.
So I designed this and sent it to spacerJim...
14088741991_fcc7db0793_o.png

The test fitting was good and I did need to make a couple minor adjustments.
* The center hole needed to be opened up a bit more. I don't know if Jim went too small but a 3/16 drill bit cleaned out whatever was preventing the bolts from going through.
* After the install the ISO throttle side needed to have the end hole opened up a bit for clearance to prevent throttle hanging for a smooth return.
* I ordered a pair of 18-8 stainless steel, 5mm x .08mm x 55mm. These are needed as the mirrors are further out than the provided bolts will reach after this mod.

If I did it again I would probably not make it as long as I did to allow for a thicker lock washer. Im sure these will come loose after a while so Ill be looking into make this a bit more solid, maybe adding a locating pin on at least one end (inside bar to keep the spacer in place).

Heres the finished product:
13905340280_83b62402fd_b.jpg

13905300529_00e67db931_b.jpg

14088717551_bffaea9ec1_b.jpg

14088810282_41e851dbce_b.jpg

Last edited:

zmilin

Street Tracker
I forgot to add that I did need to special order a pair of bolts. I ordered a pair of 18-8 stainless steel, 5mm x .08mm x 55mm. These are needed as the mirrors are further out than the provided bolts will reach after this mod. I modified the original post but if your thinking of doing this you'll need that little tidbit.