Ireland calling

Nodster

Banned
Hi folks,

I'm Conor from north county Dublin (about 20 miles north of Dublin city). Been riding bikes all my life, never owned or drove a cage. Involved with real road racing through 2 stroke bikes, never raced but love my racing. Been to nearly all the road circuits in the whole of the Island of Ireland and of course the TT races. Currently ride a efi Bonnie and a couple of japs - more the old skool type! Married to a lass who originally came from Alameda, Ca. whom I met in a biker bar in Dublin about 10 years ago. A young 45 y/old and working in an Advertising Agency (at the accounting end, guess my creative flair wasn't good enough but well happy)
Only have my Bonnie a couple of months (yep, another silver model!), but very happy with it - ran a '78 Z750 twin a few years back, but no match with the Bonnie. Trumps are still a bit thin on the ground over here, but plenty of the older bikes still running about.

I look forward to adding my bit to this new forum - it's good to have a balanced point of view.

Cheer's

Nod

Last edited:

AceT100

Rocker
Welcome...I live not far from Alameda....and my best mates a Bus Driver in Dublin...small world huh?

Rockers CT

Banned
Oi Nod....

Nice to meet you. Im gonna be in Edinburgh Scotland in Sept. and then going to head to Ilse of Man as well as London to the Ace... Anywhere I should go to see great things that most visitors might miss?

Cheers
SETH

Nodster

Banned
Welcome...I live not far from Alameda....and my best mates a Bus Driver in Dublin...small world huh?

T'is a crazy small world - guess where we're off to this saturday morning???
San Francisco for a few days before heading up to Seattle (till the 28th) for a 'bit of an Oirish session with the outlaws' :rolleyes:

(The better prettier half's brother, Johnny Murray use to own and run 'Scobie's Sports Bar' in Alameda)

Wonder if the best mates on route 33 from the City to Balbriggan???

Thanks for the class welcome

Outlaws as in eh, In-laws

UraniumC

Banned
Welocme, Conor...

back in '76 I spent a month touring Ireland by bicycle. nobody else was doing that in those days, so in the pubs the motor-bike-boys adopted me for most evenings. Beer was envolved. Lies were told.

Gorgeous damn country. Gorgeous damn people. shoulda bought up some of it when I had the chance!