Hello From So Cal

tchef

Scooter
Thought I would check it out here.Looks great! A lot of familiar faces. What kind of oil should I ..................;)

MES

750cc
I know the area. We ride the 33/150/166/Tepusquet/Cerro Noroeste all the time. Rode it last week end.
If your interested in a ride I'll shoot you a PM next time we're planning on heading up that way. The days are long right now so we're concentrating on being more free ranging. Looping the front side of the Sierras or out to the 58.
when it gets real hot we head for the coast.

Usually we meet at Little Tujunga Cyn and go from there. We would probably want to just meet you in S.P and ride it clockwise.
we ride on saturday because the roads are empty. Sunday is a zoo.

tchef

Scooter
Sounds good. If you don't mind putting up with a rookie of sorts.I just recently got back into riding after a 40 year hiatus. My restaurant caters to hundreds of bikers, mostly on Sundays. So Saturday might be doable for me. Thank's

MES

750cc
Hey I remember you now. Maybe.
do own the restaurant at the Santa Paula airport? or use to?
somebody at TRN posted about 1.5 year ago that they owned that place.

If that isn't you then what's the name of your place. We might stop in and check it out. Not on Sunday cause we aren't into making the scene.

M ES--->clint

tchef

Scooter
Yes, my wife and I own the restaurant.We built it in 1990.The restaurant sits 50 feet from the runway,with nice view of the mountains and planes.My wife's parents were the original owners.There name is Logsdon. There used to be a little cafe
on the site, which was bulldozed. We didn't change the name of the restaurant (Logsdon's) as it has been fairly successful over the years. Be great to meet you.I am usually here from sun-up to....... 7 days a week! I hang out in the kitchen.My name is Bob:D

Hedge

American Infidel
Welcome aboard Bob - when you get a kitchen break please post up some pix of your bike; Hell post some of Logsdon's as well! :)

tchef

Scooter
Taken 2 months ago,since then i've added super gaiters,polished forks,aluminum headlamp ears. Just starting.
bonnierestaurant.jpg

Hedge

American Infidel
Beautiful Bike! I'm also guessing that, that is your restaurant in the background. If so it looks super clean as well. :)

TC_Dick

TT Racer
Hey, I'm gonna be down in that neck of the woods some time next week, on a ride from Seattle to TJ. Our plan was to stay somewhere in/around Santa Barbra, but that's not really set in stone. Is there somewhere near you that you'd recommend for putting up a tent overnight, or a not-too-seedy cheap motel?

tchef

Scooter
With the weather we have now I would suggest the beaches. After u leave Santa Barbara on 101 .Depending on the day, there are 4-5 spots along the Rincon area. Hobson beach camping is first come first serve. It is a nice place.
Next is Faria beach,also nice. Ventura has some reasonable motel rates,also beach camping. Good luck! If u want to sidetrack 15 miles east stop at the Santa Paula airport.My restaurant is on the runway.Bob:cool:

TC_Dick

TT Racer
With the weather we have now I would suggest the beaches. After u leave Santa Barbara on 101 .Depending on the day, there are 4-5 spots along the Rincon area. Hobson beach camping is first come first serve. It is a nice place.
Next is Faria beach,also nice. Ventura has some reasonable motel rates,also beach camping. Good luck! If u want to sidetrack 15 miles east stop at the Santa Paula airport.My restaurant is on the runway.Bob:cool:

Awesome, thanks. I wanted to do some beach camping somewhere, and the weather forecast for ventura looks pretty damn good.

What time does your place open, and do you serve breakfast?

:D

MES

750cc
We open @6:30 best breakfast in town!:D
Ain't never had the Breakfast but if it's 1/2 as good as everything else then it's a winner.
Beach camping is great this time of year. It gets damp at night so bring a tarp. double it up with the sleeping bag in the middle. Just like a candy bar.

I think I've seen your bike "around". near the 33, 2up with a couple of HDers.
Once by the Deer Inn, once by S.P..
Were you pulled over by the CHP with your girlfriend/wife/whatever on the 126 just east of fillmore last summer? If it was you then thanks, we were coming up fast (reall fast) on a B/W Bonnie when we saw the lights. we passed them doing about 90 just after they pulled over. The cop was out of the car so we had a clear shot.
we'll be out your way soon. Look for a PM.