hard clutch

evil knievel

Scooter
I noticed that when I pull the clutch lever in thats really stiff.But I think I found the problem, mabey. The cable has a hole in it ,like it was burnt or melted some how. I'm going to take a knife and cut away some of the plastic cable and try to squirt some oil in it to make it easier. Not sure when this happend.

sportyone

Street Tracker
I noticed that when I pull the clutch lever in thats really stiff.But I think I found the problem, mabey. The cable has a hole in it ,like it was burnt or melted some how. I'm going to take a knife and cut away some of the plastic cable and try to squirt some oil in it to make it easier. Not sure when this happend.

it's a common problem if someone at some stage has changed the bars,
they can if not adjusted correctly touch the header pipe and it can melt the outer cable covering. no big deal, as the inner is metal.
sounds to me as you have posted about the clutch concern, that the cable needs to be undone totally and some WD40 pumped through it until it nice and free moving. then put it all back together and re-adjust the cable & to specs, and you may just find it solves all your clutch worries ! :beer: