Hand grips. . . .

Texas94fs

Hooligan
I know the cool ass red, black, and white handgrips fit the bonnie bars. .. but will they fit the thrux clip ons. . .I'm hating the stockers. . .if not what else fits?

NEPatriots9

Scooter
NewBonneville sells some football style grips that fit the 7/8 bars on the Thrux and Scram. I'm running them on my Scram, really like them.

drlapo

Hooligan
I've tried two sets of ProGrip "superbike" grips and both are "OK" but I'm going to try some Beston grips next month. I'll pick a pair cheap at the BIA MA meet
any 7/8, 5" grip "fits"

DavidC

Rocker
NewBonneville sells some football style grips that fit the 7/8 bars on the Thrux and Scram. I'm running them on my Scram, really like them.

How would you rate the football grips as far as comfort over the stock grips? Man, I am getting old; I find myself seeking to be comfortable in everything.

Bonniebret

Rocker
When I first got my football grips they kinda hurt my hands after about 30+ minutes where I could go forever with the stock ones. Now they're fine. I guess I just needed to get used to the shape.

drlapo

Hooligan
I've had the Beston or "football" grips on my T140 for 30 years: they are more comfortable than stock"new" Triumph grips
$5 to $6 at a swap meet

DavidC

Rocker
I've had the Beston or "football" grips on my T140 for 30 years: they are more comfortable than stock"new" Triumph grips
$5 to $6 at a swap meet

I just checked out Beston grips and realized they are what I had on my old Triumphs - I loved them and must get a pair.

When I first got my football grips they kinda hurt my hands after about 30+ minutes where I could go forever with the stock ones. Now they're fine. I guess I just needed to get used to the shape.

:) hey guys,

just out of interest, do you dudes get what we call foamies over here??...they are a black foam grip, excellent for comfort and vibration, great in the wet because even though they absorb water they stay grippy. They probably dont last as long as a rubber or synth type grip but man they are comfy!....

Cheers....Bret....:wave:

Foamies.jpg

DavidC

Rocker
I have seen foam grips for bicycles but not much for motorcycles. I know on peddlers, they dry out and flake off in chunks.
What I recall of the Bestons that I likes is they seemed to have had a very slight arch toward the middle of the grip that stayed soft and pliable, as if they were ribbed on the inside. But the way those old Triumphs shook, man, you needed all you could get to dampen that vibration any way you could!

drlapo

Hooligan
picked up a pair of "Beston" grips at a swap meet yesterday for $8; put them on my Thruxton: I like em, just like the ones on my T140 (original)

dave1068

Two Stroke
I just put some progrip gels on my bike. Cant really notice any difference. I think most twins vibrate over 70mph or so, not sure if grips would make any difference...

Dave-