Fuel economy with airbox removed and sleepers

Twodogs

Street Tracker
I have just fitted BC sleepers to my 06 T100 and removed the airbox which is now basically the same set up as my 05 Thruxton except that the Thruxton has Madaz mufflers fitted. I gave the bike to a local mechanic to set up the jets and give it a tune (Which I had him do only about 600Kms earlier before I decided to do the up grade) but what has surprised me is the Thruxton hits reserve at 180Kms and the T100 which use to hit reserve at 190kms is now hitting it at 214Kms. That is a whole 34Kms difference to the Thruxton..... nearly another trip to work!! I don't know if this is an issue for the Thruxton or something I should be worried about with the T100 (Running too lean???). I am unsure as to what jets sizes he used but it seems to run good, revving right out in each gear and great off the line. When everything was first fitted up and not touching the jets giving it a test ride before handing it over to him you could feel it run flat as the revs picked up..say at about two grand and up so he definitely has increased the sizes but I thought the economy would have definitely went down to be about the same as the Thruxton not got better then what it was originally.

pz1p

Two Stroke
i have been getting between 41 and 45 miles per gallon, running sleepers and uni pods, main jet 155, pilot jet 42, 2 3/4 turns, with a 18 tooth cs sprocket, 43 rear, mileage does drop off when i install my saddlebags.

buckstoy

Street Tracker
Hey Twodogs, do you happen to know what jets are in your bikes?

pz1p, in your sig you are showing a different setup that the setup you posted is this a typo or did you just change up?

I've got a 06' Thrux w/ airbox delete, pod filters, and predators, I'm running 140 mains and 42 pilots with the air screw 3 out. The bike runs pretty good but has a "dead miss" when running steady sometimes, I'm going to the dyno soon and am trying to decide what jets I need to bring, thanks for any info.
Oh yeah, almost forgot at last fillup I averaged 41 mpg.

Last edited:

Twodogs

Street Tracker
Hi Buckstoy, They must have used the 140/42 that BC supplied with the kit but I am unsure as to how many turns of the screw there is. I would love to know what is in my Thruxton as it does still feel a bit more towie then the T100 off the line and has a cleaner crisper feel to the power delivery. It was set up on a dyno before I bought it but as mentioned it gets 34kms less up to reserve. Cheers TD

Stars&Bars

Two Stroke
Are the sprocket ratios of the two the same or is the Thrux a bit different for that off the line spunk?
You did mention that your Thruxton had been dyno'd before you got it?