flyscreens discontinued?

drlapo

Hooligan
have the "checkered" flyscreens gone the way of the Dodo?
HD discontinues accessories for non current bikes; is Triumph doing the same?

Texas94fs

Hooligan
ooof. . . I'm just not sure if i will like it in person. . .i've only seen pictures of the bikes with em. . . .On the fence. . . .anyone have any really good pictures

Vendor
05 Caspian Blue
you got one?

Are you looking for the solid Caspian Blue with the checkered stripe in the center, or the Custom Caspian Blue wich is a combination of Caspian Blue, Silver and 2 chequered stripes?
Please let me know.
thank you.

dave1068

Two Stroke
heres a decent view

07thrux3.jpg

Sito

Scooter
I just ordered one for my yellow thrux, as the higher speed buffeting is more than I expected and..I just want one.

Personally, if I had wanted a naked bike I would not have bought a thrux. In fact I went from wanting an S3 or striple to the thrux. Why not buy something already nude that probably has better performance anyway? The rear fender and chunky lights had to go and maybe the front needs bobbing, but otherwise the bike is visually well-proportioned, imo, and the flyscreen pulls together the bike from its cowl to the front.

Last edited:

dave1068

Two Stroke
I agree, the checkers/or stripes on the flyscreen really complete it. I'd like to get a narrower checkered stripe for the front fender

drlapo

Hooligan
I have Speed Triple and added the flyscreen, seat cowl and belly pan
I've tried 4 different flyscreens on the Thruxton: Thunderbird Sport (good), Bonneville( to wide), generic dark plastic (not quite right), flat "number plate" type (nah) and now I'll try the Thruxton screen
I found that the Thunerbird Sport screen did help at "highway" speeds