come into the shed.(winter projects )

nickletooth

Scooter
i have decided to take the thruxton off the road tommorrow.it is getting to cold to ride and the wind is getting up.
today i have been clearing a space for the bike to be stripped down and writing a list of all the jobs i want to do.as it turns out its alot more than i first thought.firstly the ohlins shocks i bought off ebay need a seal kit.the 675 forks i have decided to re valve after trying heaver oil for a while and think i can get better performance by re valving.
i need to decide on a speedo/tach as i currently have neither
i want to source a smaller battery and relocate it under the seat hump of a seat i intend to make.
and really thin out the wiring,change the brake resevoirs and remove any surplus lugs so when i lose the side panels i have a real skeletal no nonsense
clean looking bike.
love to see your winter projects, the thruxton shed looks pretty empty.

if you want a simple and clean (and cheap!) speedometer, I recommend this one, I've been running it for months with no problems:

http://www.aerostich.com/catalog/US/Sigma-Speedometer-p-19100.html

2131_2a.jpg

only one issue, the rubber band mounting things that come with it are way too light-duty for motorcycle use, I ended up using some heavy-duty double sided tape and it has held up very well, even through storms and several washes.

nickletooth

Scooter
thanks sweat i think i have seen those on ebay or somthing simmalar i will probably go for somthing like it untill i can make my mind up.what i really want is a chronoclassic from www.motogadget.com but sadly way out of my pocket right now.i have seen something similar for less by a company called acewell see www.electrosport.com ace-2700/2800 series for motorcycles i think they are pretty tidy.but i dont know anybody using this product so i cant be sure of quaility.

the motogadget chronoclassic was high on my wish list too, but unfortunately it's well out of my price range too....