Cb450

Hey thanks everyone for the comments, links, and encouragement.

The R60 is a '76, so there you go Richie, you know your airheads! : )

Yours looks pretty remarkable and sounds like it had some serious mods performed! What happened to that bike? Sold or still owned? Looks great.

D9 (Seth) - Thanks for the encouragement my friend. It is good to hear approval, especially from someone who does some great work himself. Your gauge brackets are excellent and I've got one that you made for me years ago on my Bonneville. That bike won a little award at a bike show, so part of it belongs to you!

Roger, that link is going to be a resource for sure. Lots of information packed in there. Thanks again!

beemerrich

Street Tracker
'76 was the best of the /6s...BMW had fixed the transmission by then ('74 to mid-'75 are weak) and the flywheel bolts had been upgraded to the larger size to handle the 900/1000 cc motors. Not that you'd need the bigger bolts for a 600, but it's nice if you decide to build up the motor.

I traded that '74 and a handful of benjamins for my thruxton...so it is with another rider now.

Regards,

--Rich (ie)

Roger

Street Tracker
'76 was the best of the /6s...BMW had fixed the transmission by then ('74 to mid-'75 are weak) and the flywheel bolts had been upgraded to the larger size to handle the 900/1000 cc motors. Not that you'd need the bigger bolts for a 600, but it's nice if you decide to build up the motor.

I traded that '74 and a handful of benjamins for my thruxton...so it is with another rider now.

Regards,

--Rich (ie)

And that bit of info is now tucked away for me to hopefully use at a later date. Thanks Rich

I am really starting to get the itch for an airhead. Growing up, it seems that there were more than a few people I knew that had one. Rode a couple but never owned one.

Photoshoot for the CB 350 was completed a while ago and have been waiting for some things to pan out. It's being listed for sale tomorrow (Sunday) and should be gone in a couple weeks to a new owner. Some shots from the shoot.

14261112315_9f65f821fd_c.jpg

14074467538_4d0beca06b_c.jpg

14074540467_7c1e0d1c32_c.jpg

14281281693_54c9771bb0_c.jpg

14074540607_47f8d7624e_c.jpg

Last edited:

Roger

Street Tracker
The bike sure does look good. I would want to ride that right now. Wouldn't change a thing on it. Very nicely done.

dschief

750cc
That brings back memories! Except for the color, it looks a lot like the 1972 I had, even the "silencers". I painted mine black with a gold teardrop and pin stripes on the gasoline tank.

Cereal KLR

Two Stroke
Came out very well! The west coast market is stupid hot for anything that vintage, hope you make some good coin on it.

Thanks guys. Love hearing feedback and encouragement from you guys.

Flaco- Those mufflers were bought years ago on ebay. I suspect you can search on ebay "NOS Honda shorty mufflers" and something similar would come up. Just make sure that you get the NOS "Made in Japan" versions, unless you don't mind knockoffs. There are a lot of sites out there right now selling replicas of these, but the originals (like always) are much nicer. Nice chrome.