Can't recommend D9 brackets highly enough!

localmotion411

Street Tracker
After much discussion back and forth with Seth, and after him shipping me a box full of parts to ensure proper fitment before finalizing my bracket, I finally have a gorgeous front end courtesy of a new black D9 Standard Layflat. It has been on the bike for a couple of months now so I figured I'd post my positive experience already.

The bracket, along with a pair of LSL headlight brackets and a custom upper triple clamp from British Customs, allowed me to lower my headlight around 2" from the stock position. This allows the headlight to sit more in line with the seat and tank, where it should be from the factory IMO. The triple clamp has a recess in which the stock Bonneville bracket would sit, which dictated that I use a Standard Layflat vs. a Sport bracket. The bracket and the triple, being fitted together so well, look like they are factory pieces (albeit with a much nicer finish than factory Bonneville doodads).

Everything else I did to the bike out back were pretty much no-brainers, but the front end was a little trickier to get right. I literally have maybe 2-3mm of clearance from the bottom of the gauge acorn nuts to the top of the headlight bucket, but it doesn't look crammed together and actually appears very cohesive and "stock". Now for a set of shorter stainless brake/clutch cables/lines and I should be good to go. Here she is (only pic I have currently, will take more soon):

DSC01757.jpg

Here are some before pics:

DSC01727.jpg

DSC01726.jpg

Thanks Seth!

D9

Vendor
localmotion411... thanks for posting... wondered what had happened to you ;).

Bike looks good... that was enough projects ago I'm already hazy on what all we did, so
thanks for the recap... I think you may have the won the lowest-factory-gauges-ever award... they look lower than low.

ivar

TT Racer
+1,
"the definition of a cafe racer - looks fast standing still"
btw, which bars are those?

localmotion411

Street Tracker
+1,
"the definition of a cafe racer - looks fast standing still"
btw, which bars are those?

Those are $35 black ace bars for an HD off eBay. They make me lean forward quite a bit, but my other bike was a Ducati Paul Smart which stretched me out pretty far so this is a piece of cake. I may go back to M Bars or something else at some point but these are working for now.

I need to get some more pics of the front of the bike and post; I actually had to press down on the bracket while installing the gauges to move the cables low enough.

Thanks for the comments, guys! Now maybe I should go ride the sucker!

Shit Seth yr stuff looks so awesome. You ever thought about trying something like clip-on elimination kits? I know nothing of engineering but there must be heaps of other things you could do.

ivar

TT Racer
strange, my bike seems to have gotten some of that same DNA, probably from the gauge cups and shocks I bought from Localmotion. D9 std layflat here too.

(As always , a work in progress, Had to take it for a blast after putting it together yesterday, sans fenders, mirrors, rear signals, plates.. Felt good!)
P1000457.JPG